X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Marvelman/Miracleman Coming Back?

Maybe.

From Bleeding Cool, Mark Buckingham says:

"Just to clarify, before people get a little too excited, I've been saying the same thing to people ever since Marvel caught me by surprise with their big announcement of signing a deal with Mick Anglo's people to bring Marvelman to Marvel. That was at the “Cup'o'Joe” panel at SDCC way back in 2009. They caught me by surprise with that.

To be honest, nothing has really changed since then and no one has spoken to me directly from Marvel in quite a while. They reprinted lots of the lovely old Marvelman books but have remained quiet regarding the Miracleman material.

I've been telling people over a pint 'maybe in six months' or 'I hope to hear something soon' ever since.

I think most people know that, next to working with Bill on Fables, the one other project that means the most to me has always been working with Neil on Miracleman. We never finished our story and I really hope we will have a chance to return to it one day. But it is still just a hope at the moment.

After 20 years of waiting my enthusiasm for the MM book and working with Neil remains undiminished. The truth is, as was the case back in 2009, if Marvel do finally announce his return the little bleeders will probably find out before me.”

So it's all just a rumor and it doesn't sound like anything concrete is happening but if Buckingham and Gaiman want to do it, would Marvel really say no? It'd be a guaranteed seller.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I totally agree, and it's great to hear that both Gaiman and Buckingham still have the enthusiasm to finish the story. It would make sense for Marvel to start with reprints of the Warrior/Eclipse stories though, especially looking at the crazy prices that some of the Olympus issues go for now, but even if they doubled up each issue and made it monthly you're still talking 12 months before the new stories would start; surely plenty of time to get everything up and running on a regular schedule...

Comment

Has the legal issues ever been solved? Last I heard there is still issues about who really owns Marvelman. I wonder what will come out first? Reprints of Miracleman/new stories of Miracleman or the last few issues of All Star Batman and Robin the boy wonder.

Comment

It does seem to be a never ending saga but apparently Marvel had put in a trademark application for the name Miracleman ... at least Bleeding Cool were reporting so back in September last year...

Comment

Nothing more than speculation but Bleeding Cool is guessing that Brian Michael Bendis will write the resurrection (if indeed it is actually happening, and no one seems to be able to say so for sure).
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This picture was taken at the Diamond Retailer Lunch at the SDCC today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image65-600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	343708
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Well, Marvel officially announced they're reprinting the original run plus the never issued #25.

"Announced at New York Comic Con, Miracleman, which has been out of print and unavailable for so long that it's passed into the realm of legend, is finally coming back into print, courtesy of Marvel Comics. The reprint initiative will also include Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham's Miracleman #25, which never saw the light of day at all!"

Marve's official press release is here.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                Well, Marvel officially announced they're reprinting the original run plus the never issued #25.

"Announced at New York Comic Con, Miracleman, which has been out of print and unavailable for so long that it's passed into the realm of legend, is finally coming back into print, courtesy of Marvel Comics. The reprint initiative will also include Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham's Miracleman #25, which never saw the light of day at all!"

Marve's official press release is here.
                Even though I already own all the issues I will buy these reprints. Might go ahead and sell off my originals soon. I wonder if Marvel will reprint that one story that was never printed in the State?

Comment

Cory Sedlmeier is overseeing the production of this. He edits the Marvel Masterworks line, so expect top shelf restoration and care.
                  "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Bleeding Cool has art and scripts pages from Miracleman Triumphant up here.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Stoked. I have all the origianl Moore and Gaiman singles so I will wait for the collections on these.

Comment

Re: Is Marvelman/Miracleman Coming Back?

It's great news that they'll be continuing the Silver Age after all the reprints; i'm probably going to pick up the individual issues as it looks like there will be lots of bonus material (e.g. Issue 1 is 64 pages and is meant to include the 8 pages from Warrior 1 and if they print it exactly the 40 pages from Marvel's own Marvelman Primer) Plus with Alan Moore refusing to be credited i'm guessing there will be subtle differences too. However looks like Marvel have gone overboard with the variant covers... http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/...as-alan-moore/

Comment

First part of an interview with Alan Moore about Marvelman/Miracleman http://comicsbeat.com/alan-moore-spe...velman-part-i/

Comment

Really in-depth interview with Joe Quesada about developments on the resurrection of Miracleman here.

"The other big question people are going to ask now that this is on the schedule is, "How long will it take until we're seeing all-new material from Neil and Bucky?" Where is Marvel at in the process of aiding them in completing their story decades in the making?

At the moment, from the looks of the calendar I would project Neil and Bucky's new material to see the light of day sometime in 2016. I know that it seems like a long way away, but the material is finally going to see the light of day and will remain in print, and I think for that, we can all be grateful. To me, it's a travesty that there are readers who have not only not been exposed to the original stories, but don't even had a way to easily access them."
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

May 27th, 2014.

Click image for larger version

Name:	51DNjnxXx7L._SL500_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	344715
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X