• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    "Miracleman #2, instead of containing material from Marvelman Primer 2010, will now feature with the first appearance of Kid Marvelman from Marvelman #102 (from July 30th, 1955), by Mick Anglo and Don Lawrence."

Source.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Legit Alan Davis cover for the 1st issue by way of Bleeding Cool.

Click image for larger version

Name:	61gg+TXlwLL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	344867

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    Intellectual Carrot

• Scott
    replied
    Looks great!

Rereading it all a while back I gotta say the Neil Gaiman issues didn't do much for me. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood for it. Love the stuff before it.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    There's an advance look at a few newly recolored pages here.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    May 27th, 2014.

Name:	51DNjnxXx7L._SL500_.jpg
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	344715

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Really in-depth interview with Joe Quesada about developments on the resurrection of Miracleman here.

"The other big question people are going to ask now that this is on the schedule is, "How long will it take until we're seeing all-new material from Neil and Bucky?" Where is Marvel at in the process of aiding them in completing their story decades in the making?

At the moment, from the looks of the calendar I would project Neil and Bucky's new material to see the light of day sometime in 2016. I know that it seems like a long way away, but the material is finally going to see the light of day and will remain in print, and I think for that, we can all be grateful. To me, it's a travesty that there are readers who have not only not been exposed to the original stories, but don't even had a way to easily access them."

Leave a comment:

• Gav M

• Gav M
    replied
    First part of an interview with Alan Moore about Marvelman/Miracleman http://comicsbeat.com/alan-moore-spe...velman-part-i/

Leave a comment:

• Gav M

• Gav M
    replied
    Re: Is Marvelman/Miracleman Coming Back?

It's great news that they'll be continuing the Silver Age after all the reprints; i'm probably going to pick up the individual issues as it looks like there will be lots of bonus material (e.g. Issue 1 is 64 pages and is meant to include the 8 pages from Warrior 1 and if they print it exactly the 40 pages from Marvel's own Marvelman Primer) Plus with Alan Moore refusing to be credited i'm guessing there will be subtle differences too. However looks like Marvel have gone overboard with the variant covers... http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/...as-alan-moore/

Leave a comment:

• Roderick
    Butthorn

• Roderick
    replied
    Stoked. I have all the origianl Moore and Gaiman singles so I will wait for the collections on these.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Bleeding Cool has art and scripts pages from Miracleman Triumphant up here.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    Intellectual Carrot

• Scott
    replied
    Cory Sedlmeier is overseeing the production of this. He edits the Marvel Masterworks line, so expect top shelf restoration and care.

Leave a comment:

• Newt Cox

• Newt Cox
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Well, Marvel officially announced they're reprinting the original run plus the never issued #25.

"Announced at New York Comic Con, Miracleman, which has been out of print and unavailable for so long that it's passed into the realm of legend, is finally coming back into print, courtesy of Marvel Comics. The reprint initiative will also include Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham's Miracleman #25, which never saw the light of day at all!"

Marve's official press release is here.
    Even though I already own all the issues I will buy these reprints. Might go ahead and sell off my originals soon. I wonder if Marvel will reprint that one story that was never printed in the State?

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Well, Marvel officially announced they're reprinting the original run plus the never issued #25.

"Announced at New York Comic Con, Miracleman, which has been out of print and unavailable for so long that it's passed into the realm of legend, is finally coming back into print, courtesy of Marvel Comics. The reprint initiative will also include Neil Gaiman and Mark Buckingham's Miracleman #25, which never saw the light of day at all!"

Marve's official press release is here.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    This picture was taken at the Diamond Retailer Lunch at the SDCC today.

Name:	image65-600x450.jpg
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	343708

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Nothing more than speculation but Bleeding Cool is guessing that Brian Michael Bendis will write the resurrection (if indeed it is actually happening, and no one seems to be able to say so for sure).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X