Regional Horror Films - Brian Albright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional Horror Films - Brian Albright

I'm sure some of you are familiar with this one, Albright has been posting news about it on various boards for a while but it's out or coming very soon now. Damn, there are a ton of cool books coming out this fall. Details:

"It opens with a lengthy introduction outlining exactly what "regional horror films" are. From there, the book is broken into two sections.

INTERVIEWS (Q&A style)
    Ed Adlum (Invasion of the Blood Farmers)
    Donald Barton (Zaat)
    JR Bookwalter (The Dead Next Door)
    Martin Folse (Terror in the Swamp)
    Milton Moses Ginsberg (Werewolf of Washington)
    William Grefe
    Lewis Jackson (Christmas Evil)
    Russ Marker (Yesterday Machine, Night Fright)
    Robert W. Morgan (Bloodstalkers, Impulse)
    Tom Rahner (Brides Wore Blood)
    Albert Salzer (Night of Bloody Horror)
    Larry Stouffer (Horror High)
    Robert Burrill (Milpitas Monster)

Part 2 includes a list of films by state, along with a synopsis and some production related trivia/info about each one. There are somewhere between 300 and 400 films listed; I'll have a more accurate count once I generate the index.

Getting this book finished has been a loooooooooooong process. I think I had the original idea to do SOMETHING about regional horror back in 2006 or 2007, before my first book came out. At the time, I started compiling a list based on IMDB location data, figuring there might be a hundred or so films. Little did I know just how many I'd find, how many OTHER people would clue me into, or just how many kind, generous folks out there who would make it possible for me to see lost and (at the time) very rare items like SOUTHERN SHOCKERS, THE WEDNESDAY CHILDREN, or BEAST FROM THE BEGINNING OF TIME.

Once I got the whole thing together there were some image problems; once I got that all straightened out, I had found enough additional films for the book that I had to revise the manuscript to include them.

At any rate, I'm glad it's over, and I hope you folks enjoy it once it finally comes out; the discussions I had here with you guys helped shape the book, and really spurred me to continue the project and even start a blog, which I have been neglecting because I've been so busy with my paying gigs. I hope to be a little more active on that site now that I actually have something to promote."

Unfortunately this is a McFarland book so it'll be on the expensive side probably but it sounds great. Not crazy about the cover, overused image imo.

I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Agreed on the cover art. Can't see that stopping me though.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Here's a blog to coincide with the book - not updated lately though. To be fair about the cover, as I recall McFarland choses the covers not the authors.
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Brian does good work... I see some Crown interest in here...

Comment

Hey guy, glad to see some interest in the book. It's now available as an ebook on Amazon, which is a little more affordable. Paul at Daily Grindhouse interviewed me about the book, too, which you can read here:

http://dailygrindhouse.com/thewire/h...rian-albright/

Let me know what you think of it, once you get a chance to read it, and let me know if you have any comments, corrections, etc.

Comment

Working...
          X