No announcement yet.

Scott Ruhl's Futurelux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine arrived today, it's really nicely done! Haven't had time to read it yet, will get to that after work, but I did flip through it and it's a pretty fancy package. I'm happy I got a copy.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      Mine arrived today, it's really nicely done! Haven't had time to read it yet, will get to that after work, but I did flip through it and it's a pretty fancy package. I'm happy I got a copy.
      Thank you so much, I'm hoping issue #2 will be 30% fancier!
      "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

Thank you so much, I'm hoping issue #2 will be 30% fancier!
        That would be extremely fancy!

Read it last night, very curious to see where it goes. It's very trippy, plenty weird, slyly sexy in spots. It doesn't feel like anything else. I could cite parts where maybe I see some influences but this is, for the most part, wholly unique and I think that's what i like most about it. Nobody else is doing anything like this out there, at least that I'm aware of. I hope you sell out of your print run and get to keep doing this.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That would be extremely fancy!

Read it last night, very curious to see where it goes. It's very trippy, plenty weird, slyly sexy in spots. It doesn't feel like anything else. I could cite parts where maybe I see some influences but this is, for the most part, wholly unique and I think that's what i like most about it. Nobody else is doing anything like this out there, at least that I'm aware of. I hope you sell out of your print run and get to keep doing this.
          Thanks! Those are huge compliments and mostly what I'm shooting for and I really appreciate it! I'm going to keep it going until this story is finished whether it makes money or not, although ideally I'd like to at least break even. I think it's going to take a while to gain steam and I'd like to think that having more issues out will help sell it as a whole thing, not a one-off curiosity. Right now I just gotta keep producing. Issue #2 goes a long way towards fleshing things out and attempts to make sense of what's happening. I tend to think I wear my influences on my sleeve but what's influencing me visually is way different from what's influencing me thematically, and narratively. That uniqueness (as you say) hurts as much as it helps but that's where I'm putting all my eggs, as a creator what point is there in doing something that isn't unique? But now I am realizing just how hard it is to sell something that isn't already an established IP, or derivative idea. There's people like us who will always look for that one oddball thing that catches are eye but to everyone else that stuff is white noise.

I have a few ideas that will hopefully surprise people going forward but it really depends on me being able to rise to the occasion and meet the artistic and creative challenge. I sure hope I can do it, I'm going to try hard!

Comment

Just because of international postage I'll wait till issue 2 is done so I can have them sent together. Let me know if stocks running low though and I need to jump in before that.
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
              Just because of international postage I'll wait till issue 2 is done so I can have them sent together. Let me know if stocks running low though and I need to jump in before that.
              Thanks, Dom, will do! I don't think there's any danger of it selling out lol. If it does I'll do a second print run, I'd like to keep it in print until the (hopefully) collected edition. But yeah, I just checked postage to Australia. It's $20, the same cost it is to mail to Europe. It costs $15 to ship to Canada! Within the US is only $5 and I feel guilty even charging that!

Comment

My copy arrived today (wow was that fast!). It looks so nice, can't wait to read it. Will do so tonight. Great job, Scott! The add-ins are cool too - decals and whatnot.
                I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                  My copy arrived today (wow was that fast!). It looks so nice, can't wait to read it. Will do so tonight. Great job, Scott! The add-ins are cool too - decals and whatnot.
                  Yeah that was crazy quick! Thanks, Andrew, I hope you dig it!

Comment

I did indeed read it last night. What a trippy, weird (in a good way) comic. I've never read anything even remotely like this. If I wasn't an old man, I'd want to drop some acid and read it, haha. Just a thing of beauty. You knocked it out of the park, Scott! I'm gonna put it up for display on my bookshelf so when friends come over they will ask about it. I can then brag that I know the creator and tell them to order it.
                    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                      I did indeed read it last night. What a trippy, weird (in a good way) comic. I've never read anything even remotely like this. If I wasn't an old man, I'd want to drop some acid and read it, haha. Just a thing of beauty. You knocked it out of the park, Scott! I'm gonna put it up for display on my bookshelf so when friends come over they will ask about it. I can then brag that I know the creator and tell them to order it.
                      Thank you so much for the kind words, Andrew. I'm glad you dug it! I'm trying hard to get the next issue out as soon as I can. I really appreciate your support, here's to making even weirder comics!

Comment

Issue 2 of FUTURELUX is now available to buy here:
                        https://futureluxuryisburning.square...=false&q=false

You can also Paypal me direct at: kinggirlfriend@hotmail.com ($10 plus $5 for shipping) You got options!

Each issue comes with a new sticker and an art card featuring the cover art for issues 3 & 4!

The second issue of FutureLux continues with 4-more pages of Dreamsicle! 32-whopping pages of psychedelic fantasy horror!

The serial continues as Rain finds Vanity's diary and begins to piece together what happened the previous night. Plus, another Bianco & the Bunny strip and cool pinups! More yucks for the same outrageous price!

Comment

Congratulations Sir.
                          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                            Congratulations Sir.
                            Thanks! It took a year of my life to make. Already hard at work on the next one.

Comment

Ordered - looking forward to this!
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Ordered - looking forward to this!
                                Hey, thanks! I really appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                                X