X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDW Releasing Dark Spaces: Good Deeds #1

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

IDW Debuts the Haunting Cover Artwork to May’s Dark Spaces: Good Deeds #1

Rising Stars Che Grayson and Kelsey Ramsay Expose a Small Town’s Colonial Sins in the Second Entry of Scott Snyder’s Dark Spaces Line

SAN DIEGO, CA (February 13, 2022) – Since its initial announcement at San Diego Comic-Con last summer, Dark Spaces: Good Deeds—the second comic book miniseries in New York Times best-selling author Scott Snyder’s curated line of IDW original projects—has been shrouded in secrecy. This eerie historical thriller of obsession, power, and redemption carefully kept from the public, waiting for just the right time to surface…and that time is now!

In anticipation of the series launch in May, IDW is proud to unveil the ethereal cover artwork for the first issue of Dark Spaces: Good Deeds, giving the first tantalizing taste of the six-issue miniseries written by Che Grayson (Batman: Urban Legends), with art by Kelsey Ramsay (Joan Jett and the Black Hearts, I Love Rock-n-Roll), and colors by Ronda Pattison (Dark Spaces: Wildfire).

“The most rewarding part of overseeing Dark Spaces is watching the ascendant talent of newcomers evolve from ideas into incredible new comic books,” says Snyder. “Che and Kelsey have crafted a pitch-perfect, soul-searing mystery in Good Deeds. It’s the perfect story to expand the Dark Spaces line to visionary new creators…and it’s only the first of more to come.”

The unifying theme of Scott Snyder’s Dark Spaces line is the exploration of decisions made—and irreversible actions taken—by desperate people in desperate situations. Each character-driven entry in the Dark Spaces anthology series is a fully contained, standalone story written or curated by Snyder, championing the new generation of comic creators.

As testament to Dark Spaces’ commitment to up-and-coming talent, Good Deeds #1 features evocative covers from a gifted handpicked team, including series artist Ramsay, Elizabeth Beals (Star Trek: The Next Generation—Terra Incognita), Hayden Sherman (Dark Spaces: Wildfire), and Martin Morazzo (Ice Cream Man) with colors by Chris O’Halloran.
    In Good Deeds, teenager Cheyenne Rite and her mother, Rebecca, move to St. Augustine, Florida, in search of a fresh start. They cross paths with Jean McKnight, a disgraced big-city journalist determined to rebuild her career, starting with a fluff piece on the town’s upcoming 450th anniversary celebration. When the quaint community’s festivities give way to bloodshed, Jean begins an investigation, and the women find themselves at the heart of a supernatural conspiracy linked to St. Augustine’s sinister colonial past.

“I’m incredibly excited to get this into the hands of horror fans who are searching for a story that will be scary and thought-provoking in equal measure,” says Grayson. “I’ve always been drawn to stories where flawed characters find themselves thrust in the middle of a mystery. But the only way they can uncover the truth of that mystery is if they face their own dark secrets. I hope that readers find Jean’s journey really satisfying as she searches for meaning in the world and in her own life.”

“It’s been such an effortless collaboration with this absolute powerhouse of a team,” says Ramsay. “I am beyond excited for when Good Deeds reaches readers, and I can only hope our story spooks readers into loving it!”

“Scott and I are thrilled to see Che and Kelsey thriving in the Dark Spaces spotlight. They ran with the challenge of following Wildfire, and their work in Good Deeds exemplifies the vision for this line. It’s a razor-sharp and unsettling story told fearlessly by creators on the verge of becoming the industry’s next household names. The mystery of Cheyenne and Jean’s unusual partnership haunts every page, and we can’t wait to share it with readers,” says senior editor Maggie Howell.

For information on how to acquire Dark Spaces comic books from IDW, please contact your local comic shop or visit www.comicshoplocator.com to find a store near you.

About the Creators:

Che Grayson is a Brooklyn-based filmmaker, writer, and TED speaker whose work is heavily inspired by their love of folklore and horror. Che has written comics for Image, IDW, and DC. A graduate of New York University’s MFA film program, they wrote and directed the award-winning film Magic Hour, which premiered at the 2021 Tribeca Film Festival. Che has worked as a writer for Netflix, Nickelodeon, and Skydance Animation and is currently in development for a new animated TV series.

Kelsey Ramsay is a comic artist and illustrator from London, UK. Her work is featured in Joan Jett and the Black Hearts 40x40: Bad Reputation/I Love Rock ’n’ Roll (Z2 Comics) and Fab Breakout Book: Mad World (StoryWorld Media).

About IDW
    IDW (NYSE AMERICAN: IDW) is a leading media company providing uniquely compelling stories and characters in various genres for global audiences across all entertainment platforms. The award-winning IDW Publishing and IDW Entertainment divisions holistically evaluate and acquire IP for franchise development across comics and graphic novels, television, theatrical, merchandise, and other entertainment platforms, in addition to bringing world-renowned storytelling to life with our creative partners.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	409455

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	409456

Name:	2.jpg