Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saga De Xam (Jean Rollin and Nicolas Devil)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saga De Xam (Jean Rollin and Nicolas Devil)

From Floating World Comics:

"Originally published in 1967 by Eric Losfeld (Barbarella, Jodelle) this long out-of-print psychedelic French underground has been remastered and reprinted in a giant hardcover edition.

Illustrated by Nicolas Devil and co-scripted by filmmaker Jean Rollin, Saga De Xam tells the story of a blue skinned alien who visits earth during different eras to learn its cultures. The art styles shift from pop art to art deco, and is embellished by friends like Druillet who come through Devil’s studio. The influence of LSD increases in later chapters. Rollin exits the project and the book becomes a creative jam session.

The original printing is a holy grail among underground collectors. Don’t miss this carefully remastered edition."

Floating World had a few copies in stock when they made this post on Instagram but it has since sold out. Apparently they are getting a few more next week.

https://floating-world-comics.myshop...ts/saga-de-xam

I managed to find a French online shop that had it in stock so I just grabbed a copy there, as I suspect Floating World will sell out again before I see that it's back in stock and I definitely need a copy of this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	407476

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	407483

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	407478

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	407480

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	407479

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	206.7 KB
ID:	407482

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	272.7 KB
ID:	407484

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	407481

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	407477
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Saw this on Instagram today - looks incredible. Have zero expectations that I'll be able to snag a copy.

EDIT: I was able to pre-order a copy for February!
    Toyboy
    like a hole in the head
    Last edited by Toyboy; 01-11-2023, 12:30 PM.
    Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Check your PM's.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I have dreamed of getting hold of a copy of this for years; it literally looks like the most amazing thing I could imagine existing.

Unsure what my chances are if copies are scarce, but thanks for the heads-up re: the reprint...

UPDATE: hmm... I'm currently getting zilch re: copies for sale on the European side of the Atlantic, and can find very little info on the reprint anywhere really. If there're more copies on the way for Feb, I'll live in hope it might pop up somewhere then... ?

SECOND UPDATE: actually just bought a copy from a French web-shop - hurrah.
        BW Haggar
        Last edited by BW Haggar; 01-11-2023, 02:14 PM.
        https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
        http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well, got a shipping notification for this today, and it looks like it's being sent UPS overnight so, assuming all goes well, I should have it tomorrow.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So my copy of this thing did show up on Friday. More thoughts on it as I get to go through it but the reproduction quality on the art is really, really nice. The colors are gorgeous. I think it might help to be on acid to understand it though.

Still, very happy to have this in my collection. After learning about it years ago I never figured it was something I'd own.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

All the European amazons currently have this in stock, in case you're in that region and want to avoid crazy shipping costs and import taxes.

Comment

Working...
              X