No announcement yet.

The Queens Comic Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry Ian I will only run over non listeners.

Comment

Episode 8 is now live!

In this episode, Ian and Billy go over Robert Crumb's Zap #0 and Billy reveals he owns James Tynion IV's old copy of Crumb's Genesis hardcover, Billy gives tips for dating hipster chicks or hippie girls, discuss Digital Webbing #2 and Skottie Young's work, Daredevil #254 and the first appearance of Typhoid Mary, Jack Kirby's Mister Miracle and Billy gets really fired up about Night Thrasher and The New Warriors. This turns into a talk about Comicsgate and why it sucks before then getting into the weird the first U.S. appearance of Judge Dredd, the first appearance of Guy Gardener and the recent DC announcements. Before it's all over, Billy gets ridiculously nerdy about The Authority and Ian reveals his ignorance about the last three decades of Superman comics.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4IC...6a674c639240d0

Click image for larger version

Name:	episode-8.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	369.9 KB
ID:	410400
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Will give this a listen at work tomorrow.

Comment

It's our most rambling episode yet!
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah, you guys definitely lost me at parts, but I'm probably not the audience that generally listens to comic podcasts haha. Still, show sounds great.

Comment

Good episode.

Authority is a blast to read. Was one I heard about when it was coming out. Then in 2009 or 2010 got all of Ellis' Stormwatch run,including that HTF Wildcats/aliens tpb,cheap. So of course had to read Authority.

Never read New Warriors. Always felt liek Marvel trying to copy Wolfman and Perez's NTT,but 10 years later.

YAY I got that DC Comics Presents issue.

Comment

The latest episode of The Queens Comic Podcast is now live!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4UB...a8be65dc83496b

With Billy indisposed, Ian takes the opportunity to conduct our first ever interview with indie comics creator Scott Ruhl about his new self published book, Futurelux! It's a strangely philosophical talk about art, process, creativity, influences, the need to do something different and life!

There is, unfortunate, a quick audio glitch just past the 13 minute mark thanks to Zoom but luckily it only lasts about three seconds.

Follow Scott on Instagram @scottgerardruhl and check out his webshop at https://futureluxuryisburning.square.site/

Name:	episode-9.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	411265
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                  The latest episode of The Queens Comic Podcast is now live!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4UB...a8be65dc83496b

With Billy indisposed, Ian takes the opportunity to conduct our first ever interview with indie comics creator Scott Ruhl about his new self published book, Futurelux! It's a strangely philosophical talk about art, process, creativity, influences, the need to do something different and life!

There is, unfortunate, a quick audio glitch just past the 13 minute mark thanks to Zoom but luckily it only lasts about three seconds.

Follow Scott on Instagram @scottgerardruhl and check out his webshop at https://futureluxuryisburning.square.site/

Name:	episode-9.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	411265
                  So far the response by folks who listened to it said it was really good! Some comments were, "it sounds real professional", "it flowed well" and "it sounds like a natural conversation between friends".
                  I had a lot of fun doing it and I'm looking forward to being on again in the future! Thank you again, Ian!
                  "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Also my mom listened to it and said Ian has a very nice voice.

Comment

I have tried to order this over and over. The checkout process is so fucked. I give up.
                      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                        I have tried to order this over and over. The checkout process is so fucked. I give up.
                        I think the issue is it asks for your zip code twice, once in the address then again in the credit card info and it isn't terribly clear about it. Sorry, Andrew.

If you are comfortable with Paypal you can paypal me at: kinggirlfriend@hotmail.com

And PM me your address.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                          Also my mom listened to it and said Ian has a very nice voice.
                          Ha, give your mom a high five for me!
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

Ha, give your mom a high five for me!
                            Will do! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

I think the issue is it asks for your zip code twice, once in the address then again in the credit card info and it isn't terribly clear about it. Sorry, Andrew.

If you are comfortable with Paypal you can paypal me at: kinggirlfriend@hotmail.com

And PM me your address.
                              I'll try again. Sorry if I sounded snippy, I was just frustrated.

Edit - Huzzah! Order placed successfully. I don't know how I missed that zip code on the CC info.
                              Andrew Monroe
                              Pallid Hands
                              Last edited by Andrew Monroe; 03-17-2023, 04:28 PM.
                              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post

I'll try again. Sorry if I sounded snippy, I was just frustrated.
                                No worries, I'm sorry it frustrated you but I'm glad you mentioned it! A few other people ran into issues checking out too. I'm looking around for other options now. I never considered that the checkout process might be kinda funky. I was mostly focused on the overall presentation. And it's a free site so I guess I get what I pay for.

Thanks, Andrew, it looks like the order went thru! I'll get it shipped out first thing tomorrow. I really appreciate it, huzzah!

Comment

Working...
                                X