No announcement yet.

The Queens Comic Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha, there just might be a picture, yeah.

And thanks for listening. Numbers are down from the first episode, probably because people were like 'this sounds like shit, I'm not listening anymore' haha. But I'm getting better with Audacity, and we've got better gear and a better room now so at least it doesn't sound terrible anymore.

It was also cool that we got some props from Alexis Ziritt after mentioning him on the newest episode. If you don't know his art, check him out here, he's great - http://www.aziritt.com/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Very rad. And I'm sure that numbers will pick up with the quality. You guys are fun to listen to. Even Sometimes Mike.

Comment

Latest episode was great. True story, I just framed a Fangoria with NOES 3 among others on the cover, so it was cool to hear alternative options. Also, love the "racist-ass title" conversation haha. And when you said you went to a convention in Toronto in the 90's....I was probably a little less scared than Toyboy hahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
          Latest episode was great. True story, I just framed a Fangoria with NOES 3 among others on the cover, so it was cool to hear alternative options. Also, love the "racist-ass title" conversation haha. And when you said you went to a convention in Toronto in the 90's....I was probably a little less scared than Toyboy hahahaha.
          Ha, different convention, honest! Glad you dug it.

We recorded 2 new episodes over the weekend, they're very rambling but hopefully enjoyable. One will go up this week, the next the week after.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Episode 5 is up and it's a rambling one covering stuff we picked up last weekend.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4aZ...61d2f718184521

Click image for larger version

Name:	324248080_722270239244413_8967121225767011629_n.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	333.7 KB
ID:	408384
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Fun episode. Gave it a listen yesterday.

Over the years I have collected the full run of ROM 3 times. Fun series with some decent art.

Comment

Thanks for checking it out, Newt. I'm about half way through finishing the ROM run.

Episode six is up now.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1bo...f5ad524f0246d8

Name:	qcp-6.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	232.9 KB
ID:	408849
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Episode 7 is up!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0pV...3d81767d6b4e3f

Name:	episode-7.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	317.7 KB
ID:	409593
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Also, a few weeks, maybe a month or two, off yet but we're working on getting some interviews happening that should be really interesting.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I haven't got the new ep listened to yet. But really enjoying this. Sounds like the conversations a group of us would have every new comic day.

Sitting at the table in the back going thru what was on our pull list that week. Many a middle of the week lunch break was spent just bullshitting comics.

Comment

Have to admit, I know not much about comics. I think about 98% of what I know came from you haha. And I didn't understand about 90% of this week's episode, but like Newt said, I like the conversational aspect of it. I like that BILLY sounded like he was having a rough day haha. I like when you two talk about books and then one of you says that you have extra copies of a title the other is looking for.

I also think that Billy Bombs is Billy Bombed if he still considers The Crow to be a good film hahaha. But it was still a fun listen.

And I was definitely one of the ones who borrowed your Crow GN back in college. I remember being excited because I heard O'Barr based Funboy on Jim Carroll.

Comment

Thanks guys! And yeah, Newt, the goal was to basically to do just that, keep it conversational like the type of talk you'd have with a friend on new comic day, haha.

Mark - yes, he was having a bit of a rough day, but he had a good night before, ha. I definitely remember you and your GF borrowing The Crow a few times. As did Will Amore!

I appreciate you guys listening. Recording is fun but editing is work, so while it's nice to get likes on social media when a new episode is posted, about 10% of those likes seem to turn into listens to to have people actually giving it a shot and having feedback means a lot to me.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I get you on the feedback,when I did Asshat Podcast sure the likes and other stuff on FB was nice. But the emails and messages meant more.

I miss sitting in the comic shop talking comics with the owner and other customers. That is part of why I loved Comic Commander before it closed. The owwner was like 5 years older than me. So if I mentioned say Greater Mercury Comics he knew what I was talking about.

The shop my GF goes to is a great shop. But also always so busy the owner ran has time to chat comics.

Keep up the fun episodes Ian and other dudes. I will keep listening. And know this yall are helping keep me from running people over with my shopping cart while I grocery shop each week.

Queens Comic Podcast saves lives,in rural shithole MS.

Comment

I enjoyed the latest episode too. While a lot of the books you mentioned are unfamiliar to me, I really dig the conversational aspect. I've told a few buddies about the podcast, hopefully they are checking it out. I thought I knew a lot about comics, but you guys smoke me, haha. I am more of a golden, silver and bronze age guy. I buy modern comics too, but not as much. I can talk about Crossed all day though, ha!
                              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Ha, saving lives puts a lot more pressure on us, Newt!

Glad you dug it, Andrew!
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X