X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ian is a nerd-of-all-trades.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Episode #2 is now up on Spotify, Apple Music, Anchor and Amazon, should show up on Google and Stitcher and other platforms shortly.

There's some weird clipping in the first minute that I didn't notice until it was too late but after that, smooth sailing. Sound quality still has some echo because of the room but it sounds a lot better to my ears than the first episode.

Thanks to anyone who checks it out.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Ep 1 was good. And good length. Too many shows now try to hit 2 hours or longer.

Comment

The 'friend' you mention in episode 2...the one who jumped into bed with Ken Foree...is probably grateful to you for not mentioning his name on air.

I'm now following the show on Stitcher. Loving it so far.
          Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Haha, thank you! Billy's moving this week so we won't be able to record again until the weekend.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Good stuff! The mic setup in episode 2 was a big improvement. I'm following via Spotify.
              "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

EP 2 was good.

Comment

Thanks Newt! Hoping to record the next one this weekend.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Episode 3 is now up on Spotify and should be feeding out to other platforms over the next couple of hours. It kind of turned into mostly a Swamp Thing episode.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1CS...3b4e385fe54d6e
                    Ian Jane
                    Administrator
                    Last edited by Ian Jane; 01-10-2023, 01:36 PM.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Enjoying the new episode! True story - the exteriors for the first SWAMP THING movie were shot in Charleston. My sister's late husband owned a metal manufacturing shop, and he made some lanterns and stuff for them.

My ears perked up when Seven Soldiers of Victory was mentioned, but alas, it wasn't the Golden Age run, haha. I love those books, have the DC Archives editions. They also played a key role in JLA 100 - 101. Written by Len Wein.
                      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Thanks Andrew, glad you dug it. Very cool that you know someone who worked on the movie!

I'm woefully out of the loop on the 7 Soldiers stuff, in case that wasn't obvious, haha.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Fun episode. Thanks Ian and others.

Idea for a future episode topic. First underground comix you saw.

Comment

Thanks Newt! I'm trying to work some underground and oddball titles into every episode, hah. Next episode is already recorded, will edit it and it'll go live next week.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Episode four just went up on Spotify a few minutes ago and will be hitting the other platforms shortly.

This one is all over the, covering the problems of storing comics, getting stuff signed, collecting sketches, and a few oddball books from my collection like Slow Death Funnies #1, Richard Corben's Rowlf and the new Power Comics release of Earthman!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/36T...00d273818b4d52

Click image for larger version

Name:	QCP-episode-4.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	408055
                              Ian Jane
                              Administrator
                              Last edited by Ian Jane; 01-18-2023, 07:02 PM.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Haven't had a chance to listen to the latest one yet (outside of yelling at the lady, "Hey, have you heard this sweet track?" and then blasting the theme song) but the third one was a HUGE jump in audio quality. Not too much of a comic guy as you know, but I do enjoy listening to you guys talk about them, and it's just the right length.

Hey, Toyboy, there's a pic of that bed-jumping out there, isn't there? I mean, of whoever that was.

Comment

Working...
                                X