No announcement yet.

The Queens Comic Podcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found the 1st issue of the Marvel WCW comic in a $1 bin a few months ago.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• You bastard LOL. I get so many of the local vets asking for that comic. It is one that yea was all over the cheap bins for decades and I laughed as I flipped past them to find more issue of Grimjack and Evangeline from FIRST.

Now I got guys offering me a good price for a full run of reader copies.

The indie wrestler and comic geek crossover is stronger than I figured.

Comment

• In this 26th episode of The Queens Comic Podcast, Billy and Ian are back, yapping about comics they like... and more! They go over some of the casting news for the upcoming Fantastic Four movie, Ian complains about how much Madame Web sucked and then they go over some recent pick ups like some 70's Iron Fist books, some old horror and sci-fi titles, Ultimate Spider-Man, Spectregraph and lots more!

So what are you waiting for? Check out the latest episode on Spotify or on YouTube!

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2pO...7625957d0f4f74

https://youtu.be/yWH257yUj_A

Click image for larger version

Name:	qcp-26.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	289.9 KB
ID:	431992
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Watched it after dinner last night. Good episode sir.

Use to have a pile of ALF comics.

Comment

• Like it or not, it's the 30th episode of The Queens Comic Podcast!

In this installment, Billy and Ian go over comics that they picked up this week and their trip to the Route 110 Comic Show in Long Island. Prepare yourself for more Nancy talk and underground comix talk because Ian is obsessed as well as some EC Comics love, Billy's super cool Silver Age DC books and a story about how Billy tried to fight a CGC witness!

So do your civil duty and get down with the latest episode on Spotify or on YouTube!

https://podcasters.spotify.com/pod/s...c-Show-e2l2neg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oBb0apPBko

And while you're at it, if you're cool you'll follow us on the socials!

Click image for larger version

Name:	QCP - Episode 30.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	260.8 KB
ID:	434493
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Curse you for that theme song! I cannot get it out of my head. Who did it?
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                Curse you for that theme song! I cannot get it out of my head. Who did it?
                Ha! I wrote the lyrics but Tolch did all the musicianship and lead vocals (though that's me on backing). Mark gets 99.9% of the credit.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

Ha! I wrote the lyrics but Tolch did all the musicianship and lead vocals (though that's me on backing). Mark gets 99.9% of the credit.
                  Voice of an angel. Devin was clearly not a one off!

Comment

• LLoving the show on youtube. I still download the podcast as audio. But usually watch it while doing laundry.

i wish my area had good cheap bins. Picked them all clean years ago.

Comment

• I wish my area still had comic shops...

Comment

I wish my area still had comic shops...
                        Nearest ones for me are over ann hour.

the one in town converted to a gaming store a few years ago. The good one 50 minutes north closed.

My comics I get online or find at junkstores locally.

Comment

• Having said that, a new one has opened a couple of towns over from me. Got next week off, might check it out. My problem is I look at all the back issues and usually end up just buying trade paperbacks.

Comment

Having said that, a new one has opened a couple of towns over from me. Got next week off, might check it out. My problem is I look at all the back issues and usually end up just buying trade paperbacks.
                            When I got with her to the comic shop she uses I dig thru the cheap bins and go check their TPBS and Mag section. Rare I buy a TPB there,since I can get it cheaper online. But usually drop 20 or more on cheap bin books and a few mags.

Comment

• We're lucky around here, quite a few comics shops in NYC and lots more nearby in the tri-state area. There are conventions and smaller shows going on within an hour's drive of me almost every weekend. I went to one last weekend, am going to one on Sunday and then am setting up at one on the 29th.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• For cons I can drive an hour once a year to Jackson for MS Con which is a pile of c level celebs and maybe 3 comic dealers. Oh and pay wayy to much to go in.

Or drive 3 hours to the coast for Coast Con which is now a cosplay con. With 1 comic dealer and a bit cheaper to get into.

MY decade in Texas I was spoiled. Had a comic shop within walking distance of my home. Then 2 more good ones in 40 minute drive. Cons all the time in driving distance.

Comment

Working...
                                X