No announcement yet.

WE GOT POWER! Hardcore Punk Scenes From 1980s Southern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any good ballsac story is worth retelling.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Marshall Crist View Post
      I could do some boring name-dropping. Went to see a Henry Rollins spoken word gig one time with Jordan Schwartz and his girlfriend. I guess that makes me pretty awesome. Also, that pick of the cops lined up at the Palladium on the cover of Rollins' book GET IN THE VAN was a show that I attended. The Minutemen and the Ramones also played. You guys have all heard the Rollin's ballsac story, right?
      Please do tell!

Comment

ballsac

I'm afraid that was a bit of misleading hyperbole on my part, to try to get you interested. A friend of mine somehow got me into the "Global Management" offices on Artesia Blvd. and I met Jordan Schwartz and Chuck Dukowski, who, as far as I could tell, booked gigs for a bunch of (primarily) SST bands from there. I used to stop by and embarassingly try to ingratiate myself from time to time, and eventually met Greg Ginn, "Chavo Pederast," Bill Stevenson and many others. They had a rehearsal room downstairs and I believe I saw Chuck's band Swa play there a couple of times.

One day, Henry Rollins and Kira showed up and it slowly became clear that Black Flag was going to rehearse. At one point Henry and I were the only ones left upstairs and I asked him if there was somewhere I could spit out my gum. This was the only time I met him, and I will never forget what he said to me...nothing; he just gestured with his head toward a trashcan I hadn't seen. A few minutes later I was sitting on the floor watching Black Flag rehearse (circa IN MY HEAD, I'm thinking) with Rollins' crotch about two feet from my nose. Good times.

Comment

That's pretty fucking rad.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

RAWK.

Comment

I was thinking he was gonna offer up his ballsack for gum disposal.

Comment

Does your chewing gum lose its flavour (on Henry Rollins' ballsac overnight)?

Comment

Working...
                X