X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Neal Adams

This one stings.

https://13thdimension.com/neal-adams-dead-at-80/

"Neal Adams, whose stunning, photorealistic art style revolutionized comics and how we see the world’s greatest heroes and villains, has died at the age of 80, his daughter, Kris Adams Stone, has confirmed.

Adams battled sepsis over the last several months and died in the early morning hours of April 28, his family said."

More at the link, and here:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...st-1235138106/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Another icon gone.
    "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Damn. He was the second artist that I collect once I discovered comic shops. I even for a bit when they were slowly coming out bought a bunch of Continuity Comics just cause Neal usually had something in each issue.

Comment

Neal was one of the greatest comic artists! I can't say that those Green Lantern / Green Arrow stories were my thing story wise, because they weren't. "Relevancy" stories are for others, not me. But I loved his art on those stories and he drew Superman and Batman stories that I loved. R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
          Damn. He was the second artist that I collect once I discovered comic shops. I even for a bit when they were slowly coming out bought a bunch of Continuity Comics just cause Neal usually had something in each issue.
          Weirdly enough, I read the first issue of Echo Of Futurepast, which I believe was the first Continuity title, Thursday night, just before he passed.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Dammit, lord knows 80 is a good run, but some people you just want to live forever. As a kid in the 70's, i used to pick up anything i could find by Neal, Kirby or Kubert. And even though i totally agree with James about the GL/GA run, i still picked up a fair few just for the art. Heck, i never even really liked the Hal Jordan Lantern. Recently picked up the X-men run He and Roy Thomas did, never have read that. Lord knows He did my favorite Batman ever, but i still think my all time favorite from Him was the early Deadman stuff, which was actually before my time. R.I.P.

Comment

This is so painful. Loved his work on Batman with Denny O"Neil. He brought Batman back to where he was supposed to be. Massive talent that will never be topped.
              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I recently put together a run of the Deadman reprints from the 80s as the originals are too expensive and, after reading it all the way through in its proper order, I think I'm with Newt in it being my favorite. I do love his Batman and GL/GA stuff though. Never read his X-Men run.

He didn't live too far from here and did a signing in the last year or so at a comic store I frequent. I regret not going now, though I met him at NYCC years back and he was very nice.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                X