No announcement yet.

RIP Joe Kubert!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comic Book Resources has a good article up here that makes a good case that Kubert's work in the field of creator owned comics, specifically TOR, was in many ways as important from a legal standpoint as Eisner's work with The Spirit.

We probably wouldn't have a lot of stuff like what we're seeing from Image and Dark Horse if not for guys like Eisner and Kubert who pioneered this sort of thing.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Fantagraphics just posted this...

Weird Horrors & Daring Adventures: The Joe Kubert Archives Vol. 1 (edited by Bill Schelly) — early, pre-Comics Code work by one of the all-time greats! Check out our 22-page excerpt to browse the Table of Contents and read 3 full stories for free! Avaliable online in mid-December, on shelves late December/early January! http://www.fantagraphics.com/weirdhorrors
      Attached Files
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oh man, that looks cool. I need that.

End of the year and early 13 could get expensive. I saw in the new Previews that Oni Press is putting out a hardcover collection - Roy Thomas Presents The Complete Phantom Lady around then too.
        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Yeah, a complete Lady Phantom, if done in a nice edition, seems like a must own.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Just a slight correction to my post yesterday, the book is called Roy Thomas Presents Phantom Lady: The Collected Works Vol. 1. So it seems there will be forthcoming volumes. Steep at $47.99 but this will be a must have for me. Probably the sexiest costume ever - not to mention the infamous bondage cover. The stories I've read were pretty good too, some of those 100 pagers from DC in the 70s used to reprint her stories.

The new Previews, which solicits for December, has Joe Kubert Presents #3 from DC, with a Kubert cover and an ongoing "lost" Kubert classic, The Redeemer.
            I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
              The new Previews, which solicits for December, has Joe Kubert Presents #3 from DC, with a Kubert cover and an ongoing "lost" Kubert classic, The Redeemer.
              I'm interested in this. It'll maybe get collected at some point so I'll hold out for that.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 21-24-30 Amazon com THE ART OF JOE KUBERT HC (The Joe Kubert Archives) 9781606994870 Bill Schelly,[...].png
Views:	73
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	387517

Sean O'Neill is currently my favorite Amazon reviewer.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kuberts Golem.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	389064

Comment

Working...
                  X