No announcement yet.

Justice League #1...and onward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a sucker for the TV and movie adaptations too, but mostly of the pre-2000 era. At one point I was trying to put together a run ot NOW Terminator comics. I got pretty close before I realized that they weren't actually very good.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      I'm a sucker for the TV and movie adaptations too, but mostly of the pre-2000 era. At one point I was trying to put together a run ot NOW Terminator comics. I got pretty close before I realized that they weren't actually very good.
      Yeah,I put together a complete run of it years ago. And it was really bad.

Comment

Most of the NOW stuff was. I was collecting Green Hornet for a while too, but mainly because they had cool guys doing the cover art.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Most of the NOW stuff was. I was collecting Green Hornet for a while too, but mainly because they had cool guys doing the cover art.
          I really enjoyed the NOW Green Hornet stuff. Been slowly collecting all the issues and mini series. Also the various Ralph Snart series were fun. The Married with Children series,some are good some are ok and some are total crap.
          Newt Cox
          Last edited by Newt Cox; 09-27-2011, 01:45 AM.

Comment

My box of new DC #1's finally arrived after a detour to Texas.

Quick rundown of the good and the bad -

Aquaman - Probably the best thing I've read by Geoff Johns, but that ain't sayin' shit. The real draw here (get it?) is Ivan Reis. His work on this book is the best cartooning I've seen in a DC book in a while. The dude is a great superhero artist and his rendering here is like a tighter Neal Adams.

Swamp Thing - This is the best written book, at least dialogue-wise, that I read in this batch. Scott Snyder is someone that gets a lot of praise and I can see why, although his Batman #1 wasn't all that interesting to me but that could just be that I stopped caring about Batman a while back. The art is very nice to look at.

Hawk & Dove - It is very easy to trash Rob Liefeld, but the dude has somehow gotten worse with age. This book is dreadful.

Demon Knights - I have no idea what I just read.

The Flash - Next to Aquaman this has the most appealing art so far (I have yet to read Batwoman so that may change) in that it isn't just telling the story panel to panel like movie storyboards - the pages are uniquely laid out and suit that title character's powers with a lot of motion and curved angles drawing your eye across the pages. Really looking forward to the rest of this series.

Wonder Woman - I need to read this again because I can't really remember what happens. Wonder Woman has a girl in her bed and there are centaurs, and you know how I feel about centaurs.

Animal Man - Jeff Lemiere gets much praise and this is the first time I've read his work. Some neat ideas I'm looking forward to seeing expanded, but the family/home scenes in the beginning are painfully generic. There's more characterization in cereal commercials.

I still have 4 or 5 more to read from the titles I chose.
            Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
              Wonder Woman - I need to read this again because I can't really remember what happens. Wonder Woman has a girl in her bed and there are centaurs, and you know how I feel about centaurs.
              I generally find that hot Amazonian lesbians cancel out centaurs and then some.

I looked at that Swamp Thing the other day but didn't buy it - but I will when it hits trade.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So even if the new 52 didn't set Toy Boys nuts ablaze with superhero love (ha!) DC beat Marvel this year by a decent margin.

For some reason The Hollywood Reporter has an article on it.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

My prediction is that by the end of 2012 DC will announce the first line wide event since the relaunch and by the end of 2013 all the numbers will be back to where they were 2 years ago.

I have to wonder why I even care about all this stuff. Even the "good" mainstream comics like Spaceman and Waid's Daredevil aren't moving me. I might have reached my breaking point. Last great comics I read wer RANX book 1 and Ben Katchor's The Cardboard Valise.
                  Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

best of the 52s: Batman and Animal Man. Lemire is turning this series into a very nice horror-action serial, ans Snyder on Batman is just the perfect combination of creator and material.

Comment

I actually enjoyed Justice League 1 from the New 52. I must be stupid.

Comment

Just read the first 6 of Aquaman and Justice League. Thoroughly enjoyed both. Swamp Thing and Animal Man are next.

Comment

Curious to see what you think of Swamp Thing. It's really the only one from the relaunch that I'm interested in. Will probably pick it up once it's collected.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Curious to see what you think of Swamp Thing. It's really the only one from the relaunch that I'm interested in. Will probably pick it up once it's collected.
                            I picked up 3-7 and had comic book guy order 1-2 for me. I'll let you know what I think.

I've heard many good things about Animal Man as well.

Comment

Just finished 1 and 2 from BATMAN (new 52). I have to say that I am really enjoying this relaunch. Am I the only one?

Comment

Picked up #1 of Death Stroke. Meh... Weakest of the New 52 so far. Too bad. I was really looking forward to some violence and gore.

Comment

Working...
                                X