X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha, that's too funny.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• So I bought DCeased hardcover for a Christmas gift, and flipping through it I thought it was pretty good, so I picked up DCeased Unkillables trade for myself. I'm a little over halfway through it and it's a solid read. Yes, it is very similar to Marvel Zombies but it's still an entertaining read.
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaghetti Monkey View Post
        My copy of 'Saga of the Victims' came in yesterday. Flipping through, it looks absolutely awesome. May check out the Hellrider stuff as well. Love this 70's B&W mag stuff.
        I enjoyed Hellrider.

Comment

I picked up a couple of the TMNT softcovers, great stuff. It really is a fantastic time for reprints, to have so much stuff i never thought i'd be able to read so affordably. Always have loved Golden Age stuff, ever since DC started putting GA stuff as back up features when i was a kid. Was always more of a Marvel kid, but those loved those big issues with the old stuff in 'em. The Marvel Masterworks, DC Archives, PS Artbooks, Yoe's books, Herme's Press' Phantom Dailies, and Dark Horse has put a ton of Tarzan stuff out. These just came in today...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28206[/ATTACH]

... Ditko's Konga and The Complete Fletcher Hanks. They're both bigger and nicer than i expected for the price.
          So I did a bit more delving into this whole Fletcher Hanks thing and, while I'm not buying anything for myself between now and Christmas, assuming I don't get it I'll be using the Amazon gift card my mom always gives me every year to pick up a copy. It looks kind of amazing.

Also, I came across this on YouTube the other night, it's worth checking out.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• ^ That vids a pretty good overview of the man and the book. I'm generally pretty hesitant to recommend things, just because we all have our own tastes, but i'm like 90% sure you'll dig it. It's also pretty fascinating how much effort Karasik put in to tracking down what info he could on Hanks, and then assembling all his stuff in this book.

Comment

• Few years back a buddy loaned me the first Fantagraphics Hardcover collection of Hanks work. And I went and tracked down scans of every FH story that is known.

Should sometime this upcoming week have that first collection I read a few years ago in my hands finally. Had some cash left over in my Xmas gifts funds so bought myself a small gift.

Comment

^ That vids a pretty good overview of the man and the book. I'm generally pretty hesitant to recommend things, just because we all have our own tastes, but i'm like 90% sure you'll dig it. It's also pretty fascinating how much effort Karasik put in to tracking down what info he could on Hanks, and then assembling all his stuff in this book.
                Oh, after doing a bit more digging, I'm 100% certain I'll enjoy it. It looks right up my alley.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                  Yeah, that ending was definitely creepy. I think that's the first thing I've read by Rosenberg and Tynion, will be keeping an eye out for them now. I also liked how it was made pretty obvious that Gordon knows Barbara is Batgirl. Funny when he got pissed over the cops drooling over her.
                  Andrew, if you dig the annual, pick up issue #10 that just came out this week, Francavilla does the entire main story and it's really strong work.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    Andrew, if you dig the annual, pick up issue #10 that just came out this week, Francavilla does the entire main story and it's really strong work.
                    Damn, I was just at the comic shop yesterday! I'm going back Wednesday though, so will look for it then. Thanks!
                    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Thanks to Cartoonist Kayfabe I've been wanting to read Stephen Platt's run on Prophet. I got all the issues ,besides the variant cover of issue 4,from Volume 1 Platt worked on.

Sat down earlier today and started reading them.... I love the art. Mostly cause of how over the top it is. But wow this story is crap. Now I gotta get all of Platt's work on Vol 2.

Comment

• I got a rad Bowie GN from my boss for Christmas; BOWIE: Stardust, Rayguns, & Moonage Daydreams. The art is gorgeous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                          I got a rad Bowie GN from my boss for Christmas; BOWIE: Stardust, Rayguns, & Moonage Daydreams. The art is gorgeous.
                          Mike Allred did that, right? I still need to check that out but I've always dug his art.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            Mike Allred did that, right? I still need to check that out but I've always dug his art.
                            Yessir.

Comment

• I'm gonna check that out one of these days.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Christmas saved. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X