Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice day outside. So after lunch sat on the pier listening to a podcast and read Razor Archives 1 thru 4. Thought this was reprinting in the correct reading order the early Razor stuff. Nope appears to be no rhyme or reason to what is in each issue.

But nice b/w art,one issue in one of the archives has some great Tim Tyler inks. OK story,pretty much the Crow but with more angst.

Comment

• Some of the early Razor stuff is pretty great! I have #0 and #1, and I like the raw early style better than the more polished style of the later issues. Some nice guest artists did covers on the early issues too - O'Barr, Vigil, Dark One.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Yea I had no clue Razor got some decent artists. When all that LNS stuff was coming out I ignored it. Then found a handfull cheap and grabbed them. Which became me trying to get a full reading set.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
          Yea I had no clue Razor got some decent artists. When all that LNS stuff was coming out I ignored it. Then found a handfull cheap and grabbed them. Which became me trying to get a full reading set.
          That's a pretty daunting task, at least if you want to get all the variants, because there are a zillion and one variants.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I've picked up some cheap Razor stuff over the years, but i think 11-14 is the earliest i have. Now i'll need to keep an eye out for the earlier issues.

It's been a while...

Click image for larger version

Name:	CrowRa.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	891.4 KB
ID:	389800

.... but i remember this as not living up to it's potential. But at least it did spawn this...

Name:	Razor Crow.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	389799

Comment

• Nah I doubt I go for all the variants,just one copy of each book. Mostly so I can figure out an reading order and read all of it. There is too many cover variants to track them all down. Might even skip the swimsuit and pinup books since there is no story in them.

Found my "NC-17" variant of the Carmen Elektra book LNS put out. Really more like a R rated cut,all that is added is 2 or 3 pages of Carmen's character stripping on stage at some night club. But I am guessiing calling it NC 17 variant helped boost sales.

Comment

Found my "NC-17" variant of the Carmen Elektra book LNS put out. Really more like a R rated cut,all that is added is 2 or 3 pages of Carmen's character stripping on stage at some night club. But I am guessiing calling it NC 17 variant helped boost sales.
                LNS would do that all the time, claim something was NC-17 and then just show some boobs, ha. They also did a lot of nude variant covers. Ahhhh.... the bad girl craze. Brings back a lot of really cheezy memories, haha.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

LNS would do that all the time, claim something was NC-17 and then just show some boobs, ha. They also did a lot of nude variant covers. Ahhhh.... the bad girl craze. Brings back a lot of really cheezy memories, haha.
                  LOL I got a few of the nude cover variants. Mostly cause they were easier to find and cheaper than the normal covers.

I do wonder what Everette Hartsoe is up to. I know back in the 90s boom him and Hart Fisher were becoming well known. Fisher it appears still runs a Roku Streamng channel.

Comment

LOL I got a few of the nude cover variants. Mostly cause they were easier to find and cheaper than the normal covers.

I do wonder what Everette Hartsoe is up to. I know back in the 90s boom him and Hart Fisher were becoming well known. Fisher it appears still runs a Roku Streamng channel.
                    Hartsoe is on Instagram, he occasionally posts art but most of his page is selfies and NFT stuff.

https://www.instagram.com/therealeverettehartsoe/?hl=en

Oh man, speaking of Hart Fisher, if you haven't watched this, check it out.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I watched the Fisher shoot not that long ago. Fun stuff.

Comment

• So over the past 7 days finally read the two THe Humans TPB I got months ago.

Still as good as I remembered it being. Any word on if the next series will ever get published? Also tempted to see if the Humans Patch is still available. It would look great on the back of my main heavy coat.

Name:	20220417_045750.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	469.8 KB
ID:	391231 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220417_045827.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	922.0 KB
ID:	391233
                        Wanted something light so reading Star Comics All Star Collection vol 1. Got first 2 issues of Planet Terry,Royal Roy and Wally the Wizard and first 3 of Top Dog. Never read any of the Star comic originals past the first issues. Not bad for 80s era Harvey clones. Saw there is two more volumes in this series might order those. Cause I need more comic TPBs that will sit in my to read pile for months/years before I get around to reading them.
                        Attached Files
                        Newt Cox
                        Last edited by Newt Cox; 04-17-2022, 06:10 AM.

Comment

• ^ Neato, they look like fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaghetti Monkey View Post
                            ^ Neato, they look like fun.
                            I have a few of the Star books in my collection, they were a cut above what you might expect, I'd honestly say they stack up to good Harvey material.

Comment

• Well my net at home has been out more often than working the past week.

Got in Star Comics Collection vol 2 and a TPB reprinting the 12 issue run of Planet Terry. Also got in that Titans books vol 1 of Robotech,appears to reprint the OGN then first 11 issues of the Comico run.

Comment

• Another day where the net was out during the day and finally around 10pm came back on.

So sat on the pier and flipped thru to two vol TPB collection of Neil Gaiman's Teknophage comics. Yea who else remembers Tekno comics/Big Entertainment? Rick Veitch wrote most of the first TPB. Decent art.

Comment

Working...
                                X