Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few days ago ordered used copies of the two TPB that make up all of The Humans run from Image. Got them in today and they look brand new. Read the run when it was coming out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      Finished Ennis' Jimmy's Bastards nine issue run last night. Fun stuff, riffing on the Bond style super spy cliche. A very barb at Sean Connery in one issue. It's crass and sometimes very stupid but always funny. Good light reading that you can get through pretty quickly without having to think too much and, of course, hyper-violent, impressively so at times. It isn't a masterpiece but I put together the run from dollar bin pick ups and at that price I think it's well worth it.
      Ha, was about to ask you if it's worth picking up the TPBs for 32 bucks for the whole run, but if you did it for like 12 dollars or whatever, you might be the wrong guy to ask haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post

Ha, was about to ask you if it's worth picking up the TPBs for 32 bucks for the whole run, but if you did it for like 12 dollars or whatever, you might be the wrong guy to ask haha.
        Yeah $32 for the TPB seems high to me for that, wait for a sale. Or I can put together another dollar bin run for you and set it aside, haha.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah $32 for the TPB seems high to me for that, wait for a sale. Or I can put together another dollar bin run for you and set it aside, haha.
          Haha, well, I know what that entails, though when you tell your comic buddies that it's for your Canadian friend....

It's 32 bucks for both TPBs....they're 16 or so a piece.

Comment

Last night I read the Batman/Spirit team up by Jeff Loeb and Darwyn Cooke. Great stuff, Cooke's art is perfect for those two, detailed and stylish with some nice nods to Eisner along the way. Loeb's script is clever, funny, suspenseful. This was a lot of fun.
            I actually have the trades that collect Darwyn Cooke's run on The Spirit, including the Batman stuff, and they look good. Just need to get to'em. I've worked my way through the first eleven issues of Kirby's Eternals. I had an issue or two back in the day, but it's a sprawling Kirby saga that really needs to be read from the beginning. Fun stuff.

I wound up getting a Kindle Fire because in December, Amazon had a sale on Marvel Masterworks. I picked up a few of the ones that are hard to get these days for a reasonable price. Though i really didn't like reading them on my widescreen laptop, so when the Fire HD's went on sale i decided to try one, and it's pretty cool. The 10"er has an actual screen size of 5 1/4" x 8" and the color and contrast on the screen is fantastic, making for easy reading. There's also a decent amount of stuff you can read for free if you have Prime. I can't imagine that i'll be spending too much on digital versions, but between the sale stuff and the free stuff, this is cool little portable reader.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Bendis and Maleev MK.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	857.7 KB
ID:	386905

The Bendis and Maleev run of Moon Knight dropped this week. Only $19 at instocktrades.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaghetti Monkey View Post
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Bendis and Maleev MK.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	857.7 KB
ID:	386905

The Bendis and Maleev run of Moon Knight dropped this week. Only $19 at instocktrades.
                This is a really good run. I've got the originals but there's a lot of people thinking that this'll tie into the TV series so if you haven't read it and you're interested in this show, it might be worth getting for that reason. If not though, it's still worth getting, just because it's really well done. I like Maleev's art a lot.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I read the 3 issue Angela series last night for the first time since it was released. I remember thinking at the time that it was really good, but now, well, it isn't Neil Gaiman's best work but it's entertaining enough I guess.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Trying to see if i finally pieced together a full run of Gary Frank's time on Motormouth. Sure it isn't a great read but always loved Frank's art.

Comment

This is a really good run. I've got the originals but there's a lot of people thinking that this'll tie into the TV series so if you haven't read it and you're interested in this show, it might be worth getting for that reason. If not though, it's still worth getting, just because it's really well done. I like Maleev's art a lot.
                      Yeah, i haven't had any luck finding any issues from this run, so i did order it. But the Morbius Epic Collection i ordered with it held things up, just shipped yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaghetti Monkey View Post
                        the Morbius Epic Collection i ordered
                        Tell me more.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• There are two Morbius Epic Collections that put together all of his appearances in the 70's...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Morbius EC.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	387583 Click image for larger version

Name:	morbius-epic-collection-2.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	572.1 KB
ID:	387584

... the first one covers roughly '70-'75 and the second '75-'80. Picked up the first one a while back and just ordered the second one with the MK Collection.

Comment

• Ah, very cool. Didn't realize that material had been collected.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• So close to a year ago I found an almost full run of Viz's publishing of Vol 1 of Bio Booster Armor Guyver. Thought I had 1 thru 6,nope missing 4. But having seen the anime decades ago I managed to fill in what I missed in that one issue.

This was way back when Viz was publishing manga in the normal US comic form. Which means while you get 30 pages of story each month,you also get weird tall gutters at the top of most pages and some double page splashes look odd.

Still decent read. Now time to see what is cheaper tracking down the 3 or 4 issues I need,or just finding a collection of vol 1.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• I read this a few days ago. This doesn't sound good for DC Comics. And I'm curious about this merger that's supposedly is happening. https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...-wonder-woman/

Comment

Working...
                                X