Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently worked my way through The Silver Surfer's first series with the brilliant Buscema art. As much as i love the Surfer, he can come off as a bit whiny when going through the series too quickly. Should'a spaced it out a bit more. This put me in the mood for more classic Marvel, so i'm working on the Inhumans collections i have. They start out with the FF taking on Medusa and the Frightful Four before we actually get to the Inhumans. I totally forgot about Paste-Pot Pete, the Super-Villian with a glue gun. Hah, best villian ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaghetti Monkey View Post
      Recently worked my way through The Silver Surfer's first series with the brilliant Buscema art. As much as i love the Surfer, he can come off as a bit whiny when going through the series too quickly. Should'a spaced it out a bit more. This put me in the mood for more classic Marvel, so i'm working on the Inhumans collections i have. They start out with the FF taking on Medusa and the Frightful Four before we actually get to the Inhumans. I totally forgot about Paste-Pot Pete, the Super-Villian with a glue gun. Hah, best villian ever.
      Are we really SURE it was glue that Paste-Pot Pete was launching?

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
        Yeah, it's pretty damn good! I finished #3 today SPOILERS - and it was pretty shocking when GL turned WW. Really digging this and super curious to see what happens. I gotta be on the lookout for new issues, post here if you know what week they come out!
        Yeah that scene stung a bit! I've been picking it up as it comes out so I'll try and make a point of posting when I grab the latest issue.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          Yeah that scene stung a bit! I've been picking it up as it comes out so I'll try and make a point of posting when I grab the latest issue.
          Thanks!
          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Hit up a local antique market Monday. There is always one booth with a few reader copies of comics. Dug thru the stack and grabbed a late 70s Richie Rich book for a buck,I grab pretty much any Harvey title I find for a buck or less.

Then as I was headed to the register up front to pay for it saw a locked cabinet had a big stack of comics.Got the lady that runs the place to open it. Grabbed three issues,somewhere's in the 40s,of Marvel's run of Transformers. Then what is either the next to last or last issue of Star Comics Masters of the Universe run.

Kind of funny how this antique market has better comics ,and cheaper,than the so called comic shop in town.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
              Hit up a local antique market Monday. There is always one booth with a few reader copies of comics. Dug thru the stack and grabbed a late 70s Richie Rich book for a buck,I grab pretty much any Harvey title I find for a buck or less
              There's something I really love about those 1970s Harvey books. They're still so enjoyable.

There's an antique/flea market here where a few of the stalls usually have comics, and yeah, they are cheaper than the LCS, with a cooler selection as well.

Comment

• This antique mall is 80% crappy overpriced locally made shirts. Got two lines locally,MS girls and Southern Girls. Whoever makes them uses the cheapest shirts they can get. Then asks 25 to 30 a shirt.

I hit the Antique Mall maybe every 5 weeks. Cause the stock I'm interested in rare changes.

Comment

• TwoMorrows has a history of Charlton Comics book coming in October. Looks to be pretty awesome!

Click image for larger version

Name:	CharltonCompanion-580x751.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	230.3 KB
ID:	361109

An ALL-NEW definitive history of Connecticut's notorious all-in-one comic book company! Often disparaged as a second-rate funny-book outfit, Charlton produced a vast array of titles that span from the 1940s Golden Age to the Bronze Age of the '70s in many genres, from Hot Rods to Haunted Love.

The imprint experienced explosive bursts of creativity, most memorably the “Action Hero Line” edited by DICK GIORDANO in the 1960s, which featured the renowned talents of STEVE DITKO and a stellar team of creators, as well as the unforgettable '70s “Bullseye” era that spawned E-Man and Doomsday +1, all helmed by veteran masters and talented newcomers—and serving as a training ground for an entire generation of comics creators thriving in an environment of complete creative freedom.

From its beginnings with a handshake deal consummated in county jail, to the company's accomplishments beyond comics, woven into this prose narrative are interviews with dozens of talented participants, including GIORDANO, DENNIS O'NEIL, ALEX TOTH, SANHO KIM, TOM SUTTON, PAT BOYETTE, NICK CUTI, JOHN BYRNE, MIKE ZECK, JOE STATON, SAM GLANZMAN, NEAL ADAMS, JOE GILL, and even some Derby residents who recall working in the sprawling company plant. Though it gave up the ghost over three decades ago, Charlton's influence continues today with its Action Heroes serving as inspiration for ALAN MOORE's cross-media graphic novel hit, WATCHMEN.

Comment

• Oh wow, I'm gonna need that as soon as it's available.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Andrew -DC Vs. Vampires #4 comes out next week.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Used up the last of the credit I had at Mycomicshop to make an order.

Babewatch #1-The Parody Press comic pretty sure Bill Maus does the art.
                        Bloodyhot #1-Parody Press's parody of Bloodshot
                        Bragade #1-Again Parody Press
                        Dorkier Image-Another Parody Press comic.
                        Hate Jamboree-Need to replace my old copy that is beat to hell.
                        HellSpock #1-Parody Press spoof of Jae Lee's Hellshock.
                        Mechanics #1-Found issues 2 and 3 of this limited series last year for 50 cents. Pretty sure this is just color reprints from Love and Rockets
                        Rank and Stinky Special #1-Ren&Stimpy Parody Press comic.
                        Reeses Pieces 1 and 2-Had issue 2 years ago,found it in a comic shops quarter bins.
                        Roaring Rick's Rarebit Fiends issues 2 and 18-Slowly replacing the issues I had years ago.
                        Star Comics TPB-This trade collects some of the Marvel Owned Star Comics characters.
                        X Farce #1-Another book from Parody Press

Then from Amazon got used.
                        The Humans vol 1 and 2-Years ago I read this series and loved it. Still waiting on series two to come out. But how can I pass up on comic about a biker gang made out of apes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                          Andrew -DC Vs. Vampires #4 comes out next week.
                          Thanks for the heads-up, Ian! Looking forward to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
                            But how can I pass up on comic about a biker gang made out of apes.
                            No right-thinking person would.

Comment

• Last night I read the Batman/Spirit team up by Jeff Loeb and Darwyn Cooke. Great stuff, Cooke's art is perfect for those two, detailed and stylish with some nice nods to Eisner along the way. Loeb's script is clever, funny, suspenseful. This was a lot of fun.

I also read the first issue of the new ongoing Robin series and, nope, not for me. I usually like Joshua Williamson's writing but this didn't work for me at all. At least I only paid $.50 for it.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I will definitely have to check out Batman/Spirit!

Comment

Working...
                                X