Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comic Book conventions in 2021 - who's going?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    It was packed! Attendance was down at the last two but this one was really busy right from the start and right up until half an hour before we packed it all in. A really fun show. There's a very cool community growing out of these local shows which makes it a lot of fun.
    The pics you posted of the show looked like old timey comic book cons with just a room full long boxes. It was good to see.

Comment

I agree completely. This was 100% comics, and it's free to get in. Also it's at a licensed venue, so people wind up hanging out, having beers and socializing in addition to digging through boxes. When it's warmer, depending on what venue it's at, sometimes they setup a grill outback and get burgers and hot dogs going too.
      That sounds real fun!
      "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Originally posted by Oily Maniac View Post

The pics you posted of the show looked like old timey comic book cons with just a room full long boxes. It was good to see.
        Yeah, that's exactly what it was. 10 dealers, so not huge, but big enough and you can't beat free.

The next show is on the 24th, I won't be set up at that one as I'll have family visiting but I'll attend. After that, there will be one in March in Brooklyn being held in a larger venue that is actually a wrestling school!
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

March show is going to be quite a bit bigger, 20 vendors this time instead of the usual ten.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Are you going to the Queens Comic Show this Sunday? One of my buddies, Ian Cinco, will be there tabling and selling his comic NEON SPRING which you should check out: https://www.instagram.com/ian_cinco/

Lots of standup Ians in NYC.

Comment

I'm gonna be setup there! Should be a really fun show, it's been sold out of vendor space for a while and is in a pretty 'hip' part of Brooklyn, so will be a different crowd than the blue collar part of Queens we've been in the last few go rounds.

I'll definitely make a point of finding Mr. Cinco and introducing myself.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

King Kon is happening in Islip, New Jersey this weekend. I'll be there on Saturday. It's always a great show.

https://www.kingkoncomicshow.com/
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Queens Comic Party - back to back!

Sunday, 4/23, at 148 Frost Street in Brooklyn from 10-5.

Sunday, 4/30, at 3946 61st Street in Queens from 1-7.

I'll be set up at both shows so if you're in the area, stop by and say hi. It's free!
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Queens Comic Party Brooklyn Invasion Show - 6/11/23!

$5 admission at the door, a big chink of which goes to a local charity.

I'll be set up there slinging books, telling dad jokes and complaining about things.

If you go, maybe you can meet Mark Tolch.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Queens Comic Party Brooklyn Invasion Show - 6/11/23!

$5 admission at the door, a big chink of which goes to a local charity.

I'll be set up there slinging books, telling dad jokes and complaining about things.

If you go, maybe you can meet Mark Tolch.
                      Mark will alternate between being in a nearby alcohol dispensary and being in the handshake booth.

Comment

For anyone in the NYC area....

Gonna have a few new rad books to put out at the Queens Comic Party food drive show on Sunday.

All the cool kids are gonna be there, bring some food to help the needy and get some free comics!

If you want to contribute but can't drop off, lemme know. We'll be out running errands Saturday afternoon and are happy to pick up.

It all happens from 1pm until 7pm at the CWV St. Sebastian's Post 870, located at 3946 St, Woodside 11377, just steps away from the 61st Street stop on the 7 train.

Click image for larger version

Name:	401569561_10160857611221253_393908872723831823_n.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	423408
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Not sure if anyone in the NYC area is going to be at Big Apple Con on Saturday but I'll be there wandering around. Fucking Ken Landgraf is gonna be there, which is super rad.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Not sure if anyone in the NYC area is going to be at Big Apple Con on Saturday but I'll be there wandering around. Fucking Ken Landgraf is gonna be there, which is super rad.
                            Oh man, that's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

Oh man, that's awesome!
                              Ken was a friendly dude! I grabbed a copy of his Ink Zeitgeist book and talked to him for a bit. It turns out he lives about 5 miles from where I live. Gonna try and get him to come to a Queens Comic Party even in 2024.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Ken was a friendly dude! I grabbed a copy of his Ink Zeitgeist book and talked to him for a bit. It turns out he lives about 5 miles from where I live. Gonna try and get him to come to a Queens Comic Party even in 2024.
                                Nice! That is super cool!

Comment

Working...
                                X