No announcement yet.

Bargain Bin Diving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found Savage Sword Of Conan #235 today for $1.50. It's the final issue of the series. Pretty hard to find and actually pretty expensive as well, so that made me happy.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      Found some kinda-sorta rarish ratio variants for Maniac Of New York: The Bronx Is Burning for $2 each yesterday, as well as Gay Comics #34 which has a Sam Keith Maxx cover and a story inside (though Keith didn't do the interiors). Oh, and a Reid Fleming #1. A fifth printing, but still, I grabbed it anyway.
      Had a copy of that issue of Gay Comix for years. Lost it in a move. Forgot Kieth didn't do in the interioirs.

Still never owned a copy of Reid Flemming. Need to track then down or get a tpb.

Since I got the other 3 issues free I am calling paying almost 11 bucks with shipping for

FIST OF GOD #3 today a deal.

RA Jones wrote 4 issue late 80s Eternty mini. Butch Burcham does the art. Great pulpy 1920s adventure in Persia. With a WWI vet that becomes a bareknuckle fighter. He kills someone in the ring and ends up a robber bandit in Persia.

Fucking great shit that should have been a 80s era Cannon movie with Charles Bronson. Cause BRONSON>NORRIS!

Comment

• And Xmas gift

Twilight issues 1,2,3-She heard me mention wanting copies again. Seems my old ones disappeared in a move. Or more than likely the ex wife's half sister stole them.

They look to be damn good shape and I know none of the local shops had copies. Guessing she went to Ebay and ordered them. Looked and appears with shipping 20 bucks is the going price for this mini. Which hell issues are what 4.50 each so not that far above cover price.

Comment

• Hit up an antique mall 2 towns south of me. Was mostly over priced junk.But did find some comics.

2001 #2
          Amazing Adventures #19

Price was 4 bucks each. But the owner tells me "I am tired of seeing that ugly cover so gimme 4 bucks for both,.:" she was talking about the Kirby 2001 cover.

Comment

• That 2001 series is great! I finished the run earlier this year. I love the Kirby art plus you get the first Machine Man, haha.

I do still need to get the oversized treasury edition though. Saw one for $60 at a con a few months ago, which is a fair price for it, but there was other stuff I was more interested in spending my money on that day.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I got 4 of the 10 regular issues of 2001 now.

So learned of a new antique mall,next to the old one and owned by same dude. Was told comics were there,OLD STUFF>

First booth was 90s glut crap like IMPACT The Sheild comics for 15 each. But found 2 more booth with good prices.

Buck each for all the below,plus got moonlighting season 1&2 on DVD for a buck.
              Fightin Army 142-Charlton
              Ghosts 28,64
              GI Combat 232
              Our Army at War 176
              Sgt Rock 395-All Kubert issue
              The Terminator 5-NOW Comics run
              Thundercats 15-Star Comics run

Comment

• Ghosts meaning the DC run? I just picked up a first issue back in November, such a cool series.

I went to a shop in Brooklyn today, he had 3 short boxes of underground stuff behind the counter. I asked to look through them and came home with some choice Corben and Crumb stuff. These were definitely not bargain bin books, but....

Rowlf #1
                Up From The Deep #1
                Slow Death #3
                Fever Dreams #1
                Death Rattle #3
                Weirdo #3, 7, 26

All first prints except for the Slow Death which I think is a second (hard to tell sometimes with the older underground stuff).

Click image for larger version

Name:	323163586_553434289999068_1302135514668419570_n.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	241.8 KB
ID:	406980

Name:	323267944_905778973763031_4894702760862170052_n.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	406981

Name:	323048337_1387773218718594_4424676452800936578_n.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	384.4 KB
ID:	406982

Name:	323263772_2780056328793396_4131458602172406315_n.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	407.2 KB
ID:	406983
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Yea the DC run. Back in the 70s only DC stuff I read was their horror and war titles. And maybe Jonah Hex off and on.

I never see Undergrounds at any shop. Asked at the shop she goes too and the owner said with how hmmm this is the state where Rev Wildmon was from he rather not risk carrying the stuff when he might get 2 people a year even asking if he has any.

Don't blame the dude.

Comment

• Yeah, if carrying that stuff is going to land him in hot water I don't blame him either.

Yesterday I found the last 5 issues of the Eagle Judge Dredd series I needed to complete the run for $2.00 each.

I also got the six issue set of Chaykin's Black Kiss II for $6.00 for the lot.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Picked up a few books on Sat. for $0.50 each.

Riddler Year One #2
                      Super Villain Team Up #8
                      Ghostly Tales #58
                      Vanish #3
                      Midnight Suns #3
                      Venom #13
                      Rom #53

I also grabbed issue #2 of Monster Mania magazine with a rad Frazetta cover on it and a bunch of Hammer Films stuff inside for $5.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I love Ghostly Tales. Never know if you are just getting a new cover on reprints or all new stuff or a mixture of new and old stuff.

Comment

• Found this in a $1 bin over the weekend.

Name:	326375709_1207882123433207_4565175090879403056_n.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	579.3 KB
ID:	408012
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• YES!!!

I am sure it is great and horrible like most comics from that company are.

Comment

• Hit up a store this weekend with a bunch of $0.50 boxes and left with about 20 issues of Swamp Thing that I needed.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• So my local store have a 40% sale on Sat. I got there just before opening, none of the other regulars were there so I wound up getting a pretty solid haul.

Rocketeer Special #1
                                Rocketeer Adventure Magazine #1, 2
                                Pacific Presents #1, 2
                                The Original Black Cat #1 (Harvey reprint)
                                Buried Treasure #2, 4 (Wood, Frazetta)
                                Cannon #3, 5 (Wood)
                                Golden Age Greats #6
                                Golden Age Men Of Mystery #15 (Kirby, Toth, Ditko)
                                New Gods #5
                                Haunted Horror #30, 31, 33, 35
                                Untamed Love #1 (Frazetta)
                                Weird Science #4, 10, 16, 17 (Russ Cochran reprints)
                                Deadman #2 (Adams)
                                Squadron Supreme #1
                                Star Reach Classics #2, 3, 4
                                Haunted Love #1
                                '68 Homefront #2
                                The Phantom #59 (Charlton)
                                The Destroyer #1
                                Invasion #1, 2, 3 (early McFarlane)
                                Mr. Monster #6, 7, 8, 9
                                Night Thrasher #1
                                The Champions #16
                                Captain Victory #1
                                Valor #1, 2 (Russ Cochran reprints)
                                Psychoanalysis #1, 3 (Russ Cochran reprints)
                                Incredible Science Fiction #11 (Russ Cochran reprints)
                                War Against Crime #4 (Russ Cochran reprints)
                                America's Greatest Comics #9 (Crandall, Kubert, Powell, Toth, Kirby, Ditko)
                                The Shadow Annual #1
                                Tomb Of Dracula #56, 70
                                Ghost Rider #94

Each of those books were $0.60 each.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X