No announcement yet.

Bargain Bin Diving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local antique mall has one booth that will have reader copy of comics for buck to 5 bucks each. Met the owner a week ago. He wanted more "Superhero stuff. These old war books and cartoon books dont sell fast" Told him I have right at 100 capeshit comics I want to get rid of. So exchanged phone numbers and told him I would be by later this week.

Went today traded him 50 dc/marvel comics I might have paid a quarter for each and got.

7 issues of Whos Who and Whos Who update 87(too bad 4 of the 7 were ones i already had.)

Comment

• I grabbed a bunch of bargain books at Terrificon in CT last week and forgot to post about them.

These were all either $1 or $2 each.

Image #1, 2
      Cherry Poptart #8, 11
      Cherry's Jubilee #1
      Collected Cherry Poptart Vol. 2
      Space Adventures #12 (Ditko)
      Creepy Things #1
      Ghost Manor #19, 95
      Ghostly Tales #98
      Swamp Thing #28
      Godzilla: Monsters And Goliaths #2
      Dark Horse Classics: Godzilla King Of The Monsters #1, 5
      Terror Of Godzilla #4, 5
      Godzilla In Hell #3, 5
      Amazing Heroes #15, 61, 80
      Imagine #3, 4
      Fantasy Masterpieces #4
      Rom #75
      Trillium #1
      Sandman Universe #1

And a half doze or so Russ Cochran EC reprints I didn't have.

I also grabbed a Swamp Thing #2 (only need a #5 to complete my run of original Wrightson issues) and a Conan #9 (completing my Barry Windsor Smith Conan run).
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Had some extra money,sold a Sears Exclusive Fievel from American Tail. So went to Mycomicshop seeing what all on my want list was cheap. Went on a pre code reprint and 90s bad girl run.

Bob Powells Timeless Tales #1-Was 2 bucks IRRC and I love Powell's art.
        Thrillogy #1-Learned that most of these anthology titles from Pacific are worth grabbing if cheap.
        Tales to Terrible to Tell #6-Yea this was the pricest title on my list. Love this series and had an almost complete run until a now ex decided to burn most of my comic collection.
        Serpentina #1 cover b-Lightning comics bad girl stuff.
        Super Goof Meets the Super Thief-Whitman Dynabrite issue. Never saw any dynabrite issues and love Super Goof.
        Hellina Xmas in Hell #1-Yea I know Hellina sucks. But I love these shitty b/w comics.
        Demon Dreams of Dr Drew #1- Reprints of the old stuff and I think it was AC comics that published this reprint.

Also got int to resell two issues of WWF magazine.Both appear to be late 90s. One has a Steve Austin Cover and the other has Ric Flair on the cover. Got them cheap and asking 10 for flair and 15 for austin at the next show.

Comment

• I found that Thrillology in a $1 bin a few months back and grabbed it, nice art inside.

Did a bit of digging today and got 8 issues of Kamandi for a $1 a piece, all Kirby issues, and a couple of issues of Eternals (more Kirby).
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
            I Did a bit of digging today and got 8 issues of Kamandi for a $1 a piece, all Kirby issues, and a couple of issues of Eternals (more Kirby).
            Nice finds. Hit up my local joint for the first time in a while...

Bad Company 5
            Batman and the Monster Men 1
            Batman: Death and the Maidens 3/5
            Blood of Dracula 1 (Apple)
            Captain Canuck 11
            Cat Claw 1
            Crime Classics 7 (40's Shadow reprints)
            Green Hornet 2/3 (Now)
            Josie and the Pussycats 2
            Rio Kid 1
            Tarzan of the Apes 153 (Gold Key)
            X-Men 28 (oddball reprint, apparently a JCPenney exclusive from '94)

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaghetti Monkey View Post
              Captain Canuck 11
              This would be the original Comely Comix series? If so, I finally got around to completing that run last year. Fun stuff.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Yup, I had a few of 'em back in the day. Now I pick up any that I come across.

Comment

• I found a copy of Cyberrad #5, the first ever glow in the dark cover, in a $0.50 bin this weekend and it was signed by Neal Adams as well as Richard Bennett and Peter Stone.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Nice. You sure seem to have a horseshoe for signed comics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spaghetti Monkey View Post
                      Nice. You sure seem to have a horseshoe for signed comics.
                      The place I go to doesn't seem to pay attention to what they put in their $1 bins a lot of the time. A guy I was with pulled out a Supergirl & the Legion Of Superheroes #23 the same day for $0.50, and that book goes for a few hundred dollars because of the Adam Hughes cover. So sometimes you just get lucky there.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Not really bargain bin, but my wife gifted me the first volume of Akira to cheer me up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                          Not really bargain bin, but my wife gifted me the first volume of Akira to cheer me up.
                          Either way, that's some good reading.

I also grabbed a copy of Marvel Fanfare #18 over the weekend, the one with the Frank Miller cover and interior art... got it home and realized I already had a copy. Oops.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post

Either way, that's some good reading.

I also grabbed a copy of Marvel Fanfare #18 over the weekend, the one with the Frank Miller cover and interior art... got it home and realized I already had a copy. Oops.
                            If I was local, I'd take that extra off your hands.

I am trying to convince my wife to start getting me the Deluxe Edition Berserk leatherbounds, since she liked the original anime series when we watched it, but she kinda freaked at the price for the number of books.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

If I was local, I'd take that extra off your hands.

I am trying to convince my wife to start getting me the Deluxe Edition Berserk leatherbounds, since she liked the original anime series when we watched it, but she kinda freaked at the price for the number of books.
                              If you were local, you could have it, but postage to Canada would be more than the book is worth by quite a margin.

Those Berserk books are gorgeous, my son has been collecting them, but yep, they are not cheap by any stretch.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Picked up a few $5 trades...

Captain America & Black Widow - 636-640 art by Francavilla
                                Gotham Central - Book One- Four
                                Lords of the Jungle - Tarzan and Sheena
                                Spawn - Origins Collection 1
                                Spaghetti Monkey
                                Last edited by Spaghetti Monkey; 08-27-2022, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X