No announcement yet.

Bargain Bin Diving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit a flea market this morning and grabbed the following for $1 a piece.

Immortal Iron Fist #8
    Mr. Monster #1
    What is The Face #3 (Toth cover, Ditko on the inside!)
    Rom #41, 56
    Marc Spector Moon Knight #36
    Silver Surfer #13 (the Allred run)
    Green Lantern/Green Arrow #4 (reprints of the O'Neil/Adams run)
    Kingpin #3, 5 6 (just need #4 to complete the set - this series is really good!)
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      Mr. Monster #1
      What is The Face #3 (Toth cover, Ditko on the inside!)
      What company published the Mr Monster? And What is the Face is from what Charlton?

Comment

• Not from the bargin bins at a comic shop. But I did get a stack of mostly 80s era Mad and Cracked magazines few days ago. Worked out to be 1.50 an issue.

Cracked 235-Peter Bagge and Dan Clowes(under the Eel O'brian name) got writing credits
        Cracked 246
        Cracked Collectors Edition 78-100 pages of reprints

Mad 198-Giant UPC cover
        Mad 275
        Mad 282
        Mad 283
        Mad 286-Has a giant splash page of Pope John Paul II punching Morton Downey Jr
        Mad 287
        Mad Super Special Summer 1984
        Mad Super Special Fall 1987
        Mad Super Special Fall 1988

Comment

• Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
          What company published the Mr Monster? And What is the Face is from what Charlton?
          Mr. Monster was Eclipse and The Face was from the short lived Ace Comics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	922649.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	360684
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• ^ That looks fun.

Comment

• OH shit The Face is the old GOlden age hero. Great cover. I wish someone would put out a nice collection of all the Mr Monster stuff.

Comment

OH shit The Face is the old GOlden age hero. Great cover. I wish someone would put out a nice collection of all the Mr Monster stuff.
                I had no idea it was a Golden Age rescue, I just bought it for the bad ass Toth cover (didn't even know Ditko did the inside) because it was $1.00. Pretty neat that the character's roots go back to the 40s.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Yea I only knew it was an old GA character cause Face was used in Project Superpowers. I would have grabbed it cause of Toth and Ditko also.

Comment

OH shit The Face is the old GOlden age hero. Great cover. I wish someone would put out a nice collection of all the Mr Monster stuff.
                    Looks like some of the old golden age material is being collected.

https://www.budsartbooks.com/product...tearne-signed/

"Signed full color bookplate with new work by Michael T. Gilbert! Our Highest Recommendation. Mr. Monster was one of the many heroes created during the Golden Age of Canadian comics, long forgotten. But Michael T. Gilbert updated this same Mr. Monster in the 1980s, and we've all seen what fun he had with the character. This new collection includes the two original 1940s Mr. Monster stories plus the earlier Doc Stearne stories and covers. Also included is never-before seen art, an interview with creator Fred Kelly, a new afterword by Michael T. Gilbert and an original pin-up gallery from over two-dozen contemporary Canadian artists! Raid, 2021. Due: Oct."
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Picked up a stack of old Marvel Two In One back issues from the $1 yesterday.

Also traded a bunch of stuff I wanted to get rid of to a dealer friend for a few nice books:

Thor #1 (2014 series)
                      Longshot #1
                      Gideon Falls #1
                      Michelangelo #1
                      Grimjack #26 (1st color TMNT story)
                      Warlock And The Infinity Watch #1
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Picked up a stack of old Marvel Two In One back issues from the $1 yesterday.

Also traded a bunch of stuff I wanted to get rid of to a dealer friend for a few nice books:

Thor #1 (2014 series)
                        Longshot #1
                        Gideon Falls #1
                        Michelangelo #1
                        Grimjack #26 (1st color TMNT story)
                        Warlock And The Infinity Watch #1
                        Took me like 8 years to piece together a full run of the original Marvel 2 in 1 run. But I wasn't gonna pay more than 3 tops for a single issue.

That Grimjack is one that for some reason my LCS growing up had up on the wall with a 15 buck price tag.

Comment

Took me like 8 years to piece together a full run of the original Marvel 2 in 1 run. But I wasn't gonna pay more than 3 tops for a single issue.

That Grimjack is one that for some reason my LCS growing up had up on the wall with a 15 buck price tag.
                          Yeah, it goes for $15 around here as well, because of the TMNT backup story.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah, it goes for $15 around here as well, because of the TMNT backup story.
                            And around here it is in the dollar bins. But then anything that aint from the Big 2 or Image is in low demand.

Comment

• I grabbed at Batman #686 out of the $1 bin today not realizing it's the 'rare 3rd print' variant and is like a $40-50 book. I bought it because Neil Gaiman wrote it and I figured it'd be interesting.

Also grabbed:

Stars Wars Vol. 3 #1 variant
                              Carnage Red White And Blood #1
                              Dceased Unkillables #2

A few other semi recent Batman books.

Also snagged the Something Is Killing The Children hardcover today, with the slipcover but that cost a lot more than $1.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• There is one comic forum I read where I'm shocked at all the people pushing "Rare" 2nd and 3rd printings or calling articles in mags like amazing heroes "UBER RARE FIRST APPEARANCES". Feels like people who are sitting on a stack of something that they can't sell and finding a way to temporarily hype it up to boost the sale price.

Over the last few months I have sold close to 4 long boxes full of various 70s thru 90s runs. Most of this stuff is in my eyes "reader" copies. But people are paying me way more than I expected for stuff. Kinda feels like the early to mid 90s bubble.

Comment

Working...
                                X