• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe R. Lansdale Documentary - All Hail The Popcorn King

This looks rad.

http://www.themoviewaffler.com/2020/...er-poster.html

Rock! Shock! Pop!

That does look rad, for sure. Pretty happy that you introduced me to his books all of those years ago.

Comment

I knew you'd dig it.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Shorely did!

Comment

Long overdue doc. It's pretty amazing how long he's been around. I still vividly remember the first thing I read by him - The Night They Missed The Horror Show - blackly hilarious and also a real gut punch.
          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
            Long overdue doc. It's pretty amazing how long he's been around. I still vividly remember the first thing I read by him - The Night They Missed The Horror Show - blackly hilarious and also a real gut punch.
            I just re-read that one not long ago! I love it.

it's funny, too...I consider myself to be a Lansdale fan, but I'm not a fan of his Drive-In series (which spawned the title of this documentary). I got the Complete Drive-In for a great price, and just consider it to be over the top and repetitive. Maybe I'll go back and re-read, but it wasn't my thing the first two times.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
              I just re-read that one not long ago! I love it.

it's funny, too...I consider myself to be a Lansdale fan, but I'm not a fan of his Drive-In series (which spawned the title of this documentary). I got the Complete Drive-In for a great price, and just consider it to be over the top and repetitive. Maybe I'll go back and re-read, but it wasn't my thing the first two times.
              That crack about the dog scratching out a suicide note after accidentally hanging itself had me in tears. Deeply dark but soooo funny.

I like a lot of his stuff but the ones that really resonate with me are mostly horror.
              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

I really like the Dead in the West collection. I need to read more Lansdale.

Comment

Working...
                X