George Perez To Retire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Perez To Retire

Man, I was a big fan of this guy in the 80s. His Teen Titans and Wonder Woman runs for D.C. were fantastic.

Unfortunately he's having some health issues.

"With respect to future published work in comics and such ... while I know it's been no secret that I've been dealing with a myriad number of health issues (diabetes, heart ailments, vision issues, etc.)," he continued, referencing some of his health troubles, "they have indeed have forced me to, for all intents and purposes, formally retire from the business of creating new comic stories."

https://www.cbr.com/george-perez-announces-retirement/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I loved his 70s Marvel stuff. He was probably my favorite Marvel artist at the time. Best when inked by Joe Sinnott on FF or (my favorite) Pablo Marcos on Avengers.

Comment

Very sad news from the George Perez camp today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	360945

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	360946

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	360947
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Damn, he sounds like an awesome guy.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Damn it. Started re-reading in issue form the New Teen Titans run the other day. Perez was one of the first modern artist that I tracked down.

Comment

George Perez passed away today. RIP to a legend.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...hs-1235142675/
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Damn, another legend gone. Loved his work on so many comics. Some good tributes and art here - https://13thdimension.com/ RIP.
              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

This one hurts as from all accounts he was a really good guy.
                "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Nice NYT article on his passing and his legacy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/08/o...erez-dead.html
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Name:	FSPtQx-WYAAxXnK.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	392360
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

VAULT ANNOUNCES CHARITY AUCTION FOR THE HERO INITIATIVE IN HONOR OF GEORGE PÉREZ

For immediate release.

Missoula, MT (06/07/2022): Vault Comics is proud to announce their first ever live charity auction in honor of George Pérez on his birthday. All proceeds from the auction will be donated to the Hero Initiative in George’s memory and honor

This Thursday June 9th at 4:00pm ET/1:00 PT, on the their Whatnot channel, Vault will auction off the original art from artists Darick Robertson, Eryk Donovan, Liana Kangas, and Tim Daniel. In addition to the original art pieces, CGC 9.8 graded copies of limited release Vault comics and two copies of the extremely rare JLA/Avengers trade paperback will be up for auction.

"Over the last year or so, we all watched as George Pérez closed this chapter of his story with dignity, grace, and love,” said Tim Daniel, Vault’s EVP of Branding & Design. “Doing so came as no surprise to anyone and everyone that had encountered Mr. Pérez, either personally or through his work over the course of his multi-decade career in comics. He left us exactly as we met him, true to himself, with an easy kindness and in the same openly welcoming manner in which he authored his entire story.”

“A very big thank you to Jason Benner, Co-Owner and general Manager of Muse Comics in Missoula, MT, and Eitan Manhoff, Owner of Cape & Cowl Comics in Oakland, CA, for supplying us with the two very rare and highly coveted copies of one of Mr. Pérez's most celebrated works, JLA/Avengers,” continues Daniel. “We'd like to thank those artists and creatives that have so generously and selflessly carried on Mr. Pérez's spirit by supporting our Hero Initiative benefit and honoring him with their donated original works, especially artists Eryk Donovan, Liana Kangas, and Darick Robertson.”

“We hope you'll all come and join us in supporting the Hero Initiative in Mr. Pérez's honor on his birthday, only on Whatnot."

All auction items are available for pre-bids now on Vault’s Whatnot page. The live auction begins at 4:00pm ET/1:00 PT this Thursday, 06/09/2022.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Name:	FZOQxRnXgAIiOlL.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	398233
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Love that cover.Got that issue a few years back.

Comment

Working...
                          X