Clear All

• xXx Fanzine (1983-1988) Hardcore & Punk In The Eighties Collected Edition

Press release!

Click image for larger version

Name:	80ww_B9PRESS06xXxBook1500x1500cover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	367987

ICONIC 'xXx FANZINE (1983-1988) HARDCORE & PUNK IN THE EIGHTIES' RELEASE DETAILS UNVEILED
    CHECK OUT THE TRACK LISTING FOR THE COMPANION COMPILATION, STILL HAVING THEIR SAY & LISTEN TO THE NOMADS COVERING CRUCIFIX & AGNOSTIC FRONT

“…the epic amalgamation of revolutionary history, hard-won contemporary wisdom, and vivifying sound promises to be well worth the wait.” - Decibel Magazine

In anticipation of the November 10th relase of xXx Fanzine (1983-1988) Hardcore & Punk in the Eighties, Bridge Nine has unveiled details for the album's accompanying 19-song compilation, Still Having Their Say. Check out the tracklisting for the album, which features a variety of current hardcore, punk and hard music luminaries such as Strife, letlive., Fu Manchu, The Riverboat Gamblers and more contributing their interpretations of some of the most influential songs to come from xXx's original era, below. Additionally, the bludgeoning cover of “How, When, Where” (Crucifix), which seamlessly transitions into Agnostic Front's crossover classic "The Eliminator” done by Los Angeles's NOMADS for this compilation has surfaced - listen to that now via Decibel Magazine.

xXx Fanzine (1983-1988) Hardcore & Punk in the Eighties is also comprised of a 288-page book that documents a time when hardcore and punk were not mutually exclusive and bands and cities had a chance to develop their own diverse and strident sounds. While based in Boston, xXx's main writer and editor, Mike Gitter, not only concentrated on his own city's burgeoning scene, spear-headed by bands like SS Decontrol and D.Y.S., but looked to other states and countries for xXx's reportage. Now, xXx Fanzine (1983-1988), Hardcore & Punk in the Eighties re-interviews countless bands and musical prime-movers including Ian MacKaye, Keith Morris and members of Agnostic Front, Bad Brains and Cro-Mags to give the book a rare 'then and now' perspective. xXx Fanzine (1983-1988), Hardcore & Punk in the Eighties isn't merely a look back at hardcore's salad days, but a unique look at how punk's music and message shook the mainstream itself. In addition to reproducing (and restoring) countless interviews and pages from the 'zine, this is a chronicle of punk's evolution in the 80's; a story of music and ideologies in motion.

Look for more information regarding xXx Fanzine (1983-1988) Hardcore & Punk in the Eighties to surface soon and check out the Boston Book Release Party on November 9th at Once Ballroom in Somerville, MA featuring performances from The Proletariat, Siege, and more.

Additionally, pre-orders for a 24-page mini-zine, which gives a taste of the madness of the xXx Fanzine (1983-1988) Hardcore & Punk in the Eighties .have been posted here. More of companion piece than a preview, this zine features additional photographs and interviews that didn't make the book as well as some crucial pieces lifted from the book itself. Also included is a flexi 7inch of Nomads “How When Where” (Crucifix) / “The Eliminator” (Agnostic Front). This is strictly limited to 1000 copies total. Once these are gone, they are gone forever.

Look for more news to surface soon.

xXx Fanzine Still Having Their Say Compilation Track Listing:
    1. Strife - Who Are You? (Void)
    2. Done Dying - Blending In (Government Issue)
    3. Letlive - Fix Me (Black Flag)
    4. Trial - Money (Embrace)
    5. H2O - Safe (Dag Nasty)
    6. Nomads - How When Where / The Eliminator (Cruxifix / Agnostic Front)
    7. Walter Schriefels - Society Suckers (Agnostic Front)
    8. Tombs - Kiss Of Steel (Samhain)
    9. Voivod - Man In The Trees (Die Kreuzen)
    10. Aeges - Hungry Child (Corrosion Of Conformity)
    11. Last Light - A Wish To Dream (Uniform Choice)
    12. Fuck You Pay Me - Religious Wars (Subhumans)
    13. Jesse Leech - Salad Days (Minor Threat)
    14. Shai Hulud - Raw Power (Raw Power)
    15. True Rivals - Coolidge (Descendents)
    16. Fu Manchu - When The Shit Hits The Fan (Circle Jerks)
    17. Gallows - The Possibility Of Life's Destruction (Discharge)
    18. American Nightmare - It's The Limit (Cro-Mags)
    19. Riverboat Gamblers - Hate The Police (The Dicks)

Click image for larger version

Name:	80ww_unnamed1--10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	367986

xXx Fanzine (1983-1988) Hardcore & Punk in the Eighties features:
    Minor Threat, Misfits, Necros, Circle Jerks, Suicidal Tendencies, Husker Du, Jerry's Kids, Black Flag, D.O.A., G.B.H, Void, Negative Approach, 7 Seconds, D.Y.S., Scream, Metallica, Corrosion of Conformity, Minutemen, The Exploited, Anthrax, Subhumans, Dead Kennedys, SSD, Henry Rollins, Descendents, Bad Brains, Youth of Today, Motorhead, Dag Nasty, Snapshot, Samhain, Agnostic Front, Cro-Mags, Bad Religion, Fugazi, and more…
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I remember having an issue or two of xXx.

Sure wish I had all of the fanzines I use to have but then I'd have boxes n' boxes of stuff that would be in the way of all of the other boxes n' boxes of stuff I still have.

Comment

Working...
    X