• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Wilson.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	357798
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Name:	HebieOK.jpg
Size:	411.2 KB
ID:	357799

Comment

Name:	whiz.jpg
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	357809
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Name:	Cardy.jpg
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	357812

Comment

Name:	EV-jW8XWAAEOXmY.jpg
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	357817
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Name:	94118032_10215507416428601_1543073756795109376_o.jpg
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	357826
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Name:	a-38347655-r2rdsr128mqfsap9.jpg
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	357827

Comment

• That's a great cover, Andrew! What is it with the mermaid stuff in Silver Age Superman comics? The Lori Lemaris stories really crack me up. There's a bit where he makes a small aquarium for her to sit and watch him while he monkeys around at his workbench. What the hell is Superman making at his workbench?! Like he's an old man putzin' around the house on Sundays.
                  "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    That's a great cover, Andrew! What is it with the mermaid stuff in Silver Age Superman comics? The Lori Lemaris stories really crack me up. There's a bit where he makes a small aquarium for her to sit and watch him while he monkeys around at his workbench. What the hell is Superman making at his workbench?! Like he's an old man putzin' around the house on Sundays.
                    Haha, I love those Superman/Lori Lemaris Silver Age stories, Scott. Goofy as hell! It's a real head scratcher as to why mermaids were all over the Superman stuff back then. I don't remember that particular story you mentioned with the workbench, but you made me laugh out loud describing it. Tinkerin' at the ole workbench (in costume, natch)...mebbe fixing an old motor he found at the junkyard.

Comment

Name:	Black_Magic_1.jpg
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	357846

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Jordan View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]24791[/ATTACH]
                        Hey, Full Moon made a movie out of that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                          Haha, I love those Superman/Lori Lemaris Silver Age stories, Scott. Goofy as hell! It's a real head scratcher as to why mermaids were all over the Superman stuff back then. I don't remember that particular story you mentioned with the workbench, but you made me laugh out loud describing it. Tinkerin' at the ole workbench (in costume, natch)...mebbe fixing an old motor he found at the junkyard.
                          I didn't find it online so I dug it out. It was LOIS LANE #51, "The Three Wives of Superman!" (Lois, Lana, Lori) collected in DC's GREATEST IMAGINARY STORIES VOL 1.

Superman's at his workbench trying to create a super serum so Lori can stay out of water longer. Unfortunately some villains from the Phantom Zone trick her and she accidentally exposes herself to dangerous materials Superman stores in his Fortress. Lori passes away shortly after. Her grave is on the beach so she's close to the ocean and Superman can visit her. The scene is supposed to be sad with Superman grieving but it's all so silly you can't help but laugh. The Jimmy Olsen stories are especially hilarious.

These Silver Age Superman comics are by far the best representation of the character, IMO. Much more enjoyable than watching him punch and get punched by a giant monster with bones sticking out of his face.

Scott
                          Intellectual Carrot
                          Last edited by Scott; 04-26-2020, 02:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                            I didn't find it online so I dug it out. It was LOIS LANE #51, "The Three Wives of Superman!" (Lois, Lana, Lori) collected in DC's GREATEST IMAGINARY STORIES VOL 1.

Superman's at his workbench trying to create a super serum so Lori can stay out of water longer. Unfortunately some villains from the Phantom Zone trick her and she accidentally exposes herself to dangerous materials Superman stores in his Fortress. Lori passes away shortly after. Her grave is on the beach so she's close to the ocean and Superman can visit her. The scene is supposed to be sad with Superman grieving but it's all so silly you can't help but laugh. The Jimmy Olsen stories are especially hilarious.

These Silver Age Superman comics are by far the best representation of the character, IMO. Much more enjoyable than watching him punch and get punched by a giant monster with bones sticking out of his face.

I totally agree about the Silver Age Superman. I have that Crown book Superman From the 30s to the 70s. Tons of great stories in that book. I got it as kid back in the 1970s and I must have read and reread those stories hundreds of times. Thanks for posting that stuff too, love it!

Comment

Name:	il_794xN.2012958993_m9l9.jpg
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	357855

Comment

Name:	760394.jpg
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	357857
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X