No announcement yet.

Misfits / Samhain / Danzig photo book "Misery Obscura" from Bazillion Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misfits / Samhain / Danzig photo book "Misery Obscura" from Bazillion Points

MISERY OBSCURA: The Photography of Eerie Von, by Eerie Von
    Forewords by Lyle Preslar & Mike D'Antonio
    Hardcover, 160 full-color pages
    Ships with a bonus signed 8x10 full-cover lobby card

Beginning as the unofficial photographer for punk legends the Misfits and later taking charge of the bass guitar as a founding member of underground pioneers Samhain and metal gods Danzig, Eerie Von captured the dark heart of rock's most vital bleeding edge during a time when rock and roll was not only dangerous, but downright menacing. Hundreds of "fly-on-the-wall" photos from the best seats in the house document everything from the Misfits' humble beginnings in Lodi, New Jersey, to the heights of Danzig's stadium-rock glory.

"Misery Obscura has an amazing fly-on-the-wall feel that is mesmerizing but unequivocal. He puts me right back in the 1980s, in the same space where the Misfits and Samhain were."
    - Kirk Hammett, Metallica

"Front row center for some of the most awesomely, brutally theatrical moments in punk rock history...insane amounts of fake blood, studded leather, and devil-locked hair."
    - Pitchfork

"A fascinating look-behind-the-curtain at some never-before seen photos from those bygone days"
    - VICE Noisey

Rock! Shock! Pop!

This book has been out, a long time. I have it. I wonder if this second edition is very different than the original? Cover is even the same

Comment

Love this pic!!!

Comment

Working...
      X