R.I.P. Steve Dillon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Steve Dillon

Very sad news, his Preacher work was great but so was his work on Hellblazer and Punisher. He was 54.

Source.

"Earlier this morning, the sorrowful news hit that Steve Dillon, artist on books like The Punisher, Wolverine Origins, Hellblazer, and Preacher, passed away as a result of unknown reasons.

Dillon had a talent for depicting characters who had an edge and were darker in tone. He didn't shy away from the darker areas, and as a result has crafted numerous memorable scenes that have been lovingly depicted on screen.

One of the first examples that come to mind is Dillon's now iconic scene in Daredevil #3 titled "The Choice", where Daredevil awakes to a precarious situation involving Frank Castle. Castle has chained him up on the roof and taped a revolver to his hand. He gives Daredevil the choice of either choosing to become a killer and shoot him before he can shoot someone else, or choose not to and let the man die."

More at the link.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

RIP.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Damn. RIP.

Comment

Very sad news. His style really grounded the crazy stuff and made Ennis' work a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
          Very sad news. His style really grounded the crazy stuff and made Ennis' work a lot better.
          I agree. They made a great team. Preacher wouldn't have been half the book it was without his art.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I loved his work. RIP.
            "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Woah a surprise. R.I.P.

Comment

The New York Times is reporting, via Garth Ennis, that the cause of death was a ruptured appendix.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/24/ar...t-54.html?_r=1

Comment

The new 2000 A.D. podcast has a nice remembrance of the man on its latest episode.

http://www.2000adonline.com/post/955
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Hand painted Preacher color guide drawn by Dillon and hand colored by Matt Hollingsworth from the mid-90s.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EL5Q_K8XUAA5KP1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	357197
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

There will be an exhibition of his work happening in the UK soon.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/stev...rrow-in-luton/
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                      X