No announcement yet.

Batman comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Tynion IV is leaving Batman and The Joker and moves to Substack.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jame...ck-comics-gig/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Batman/Catwoman special seems to have been shelved indefinitely. A shame, as I think this would have wound up being John Paul Leon's last published work.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...ecial-for-now/
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• The Batman: Little Caesars Releases a Bat Shaped Pizza/Calzone Tie-In

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/the-...alzone-tie-in/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Little_Caesars_Pizza_The_Batman_Calzony.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	386137
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          The Batman: Little Caesars Releases a Bat Shaped Pizza/Calzone Tie-In

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/the-...alzone-tie-in/

Name:	Little_Caesars_Pizza_The_Batman_Calzony.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	386137
          Being from Little Caesar's, I am sure it tastes like someone stuffed a bat into a pizza oven for 15 minutes, too.

Comment

• Looks like a dove of peace, or a ghost.

Comment

• Mmmmmm.... roadlkill.
              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• I read the recent Batman Long Halloween Special that came out a few months ago, by Loeb and Sale, and it's decent. Not on the level of the original mini-series but obviously, being a one-shot, it doesn't have the option of going that in-depth. Good writing, good art, though there are a few panels were Sale's Batman, which I typically really like, just looks 'off' somehow. Still, for the $0.50 I paid for it I was happy to have it.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• The Dan Brereton Comics that DC never printed.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...never-printed/
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Media Release — DC will be publishing a series of standalone, 64-page, one-shot comics featuring Batman’s world-famous enemies! The series of releases, under the header Batman – One Bad Day, will tell definitive tales featuring The Riddler, Two-Face, The Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Catwoman, Bane, Clayface and Ra’s al Ghul! Scroll down for a look at what each team is working on!

Batman – One Bad Day: The Riddler by Tom King & Mitch Gerads:

Tom King and Mitch Gerads reunite in a new 64-page one-shot comic this August! Edward Nygma’s meticulous rules and systems go out the window when he kills seemingly at random, but Batman isn’t buying it! This tense intellectual thriller sees Batman unravel as he tries to decode the Riddler’s motivation!

Batman – One Bad Day: Two-Face by Mariko Tamaki, Javier Fernandez & Jordie Bellaire:

Heads or Tails, when it comes to Two-Face Batman always loses! Is Harvey Dent back to save Gotham City? In a new 64-page one-shot comic this September, Mariko Tamaki and Javier Fernandez’s tragic noir Two-Face epic will flip that iconic coin…on its head?!

Batman – One Bad Day: The Penguin by John Ridley, Giuseppe Camuncoli, Cam Smith & Arif Prianto:

When the Penguin’s criminal empire is stolen by a former associate, Batman faces both Cobblepot and THE UMBRELLA MAN on the burning streets of Gotham! John Ridley and Giuseppe Camuncoli’s ONE BAD DAY one-shot arrives this October!

Batman – One Bad Day: Mr. Freeze by Gerry Duggan, Matteo Scalera & Dave Stewart:

Save your sympathies, Batman and Robin! Years ago, Gotham City experienced a winter so icy that Mr. Freeze could live without his containment suit! Gerry Duggan and Matteo Scalera deliver a cold new take on Mr. Freeze this November!

Batman – One Bad Day: Catwoman by G. Willow Wilson, Jamie McKelvie & Tamra Bonvillain:

A brooch Selina Kyle’s mother once pawned for pennies is now part of a high-bid auction! The stakes are personal, and Catwoman will steal it back at any cost this December in G. Willow Wilson and Jamie McKelvie’s ONE BAD DAY one-shot!

Batman – One Bad Day: Bane by Joshua Williamson, Howard Porter & Tomeu Morey:

The man who broke the Bat returns for the last vengeance of Bane! See Bane’s mind, body and spirit get ravaged in a ONE BAD DAY one-shot by Joshua Williamson and Howard Porter in January 2023!

Batman – One Bad Day: Clayface by Collin Kelly & Jackson Lanzing, Xermanico & Romulo Fajardo Jr.:

Clayface’s dream was to be famous, but Gotham’s stars don’t always shine bright! Batman chases Basil Karlo to L.A. where Clayface is killing his way to fame in Collin Kelly & Jackson Lanzing and Xermanico’s ONE BAD DAY February one-shot!

Batman – One Bad Day: Ra’s al Ghul by Tom Taylor & Ivan Reis

Finally, capping off the run of one-shot issues is Tom Taylor and Ivan Reis on Ra’s al Ghul’s ONE BAD DAY story in March! You know his name, the Bat will know his wrath!

For more information about Batman, The Riddler, Two-Face, The Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Catwoman, Bane, Clayface, Ra’s al Ghul and more, visit the DC website at www.dccomics.com and follow DC on social media at @DCComics. Sign up for a free trial of DC UNIVERSE INFINITE at www.dcuniverseinfinite.com.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Kelly Jones showed off some rad unused Batman art on his twitter feed.

Name:	FTn34WzUcAA8plQ.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	595.9 KB
ID:	393546
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• I haven't read any yet, but i love his artwork on Deadman.

Comment

• Dark Knight Returns #1 cover art expected to sell for two million dollars.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/fran...llion-dollars/
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Jim Lee isn't my favorite but his uninked pencils for the cover of the Detective Comics #1063 variant cover are pretty great.

Name:	FYopMFHVEAAgICP.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	218.1 KB
ID:	397776
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Jim for me does great covers and posters. But his storytelling skills are very lacking.

Comment

• Last night I read Batman Versus Aliens II, which I didn't know existed until I came across it in a $1 bin last weekend. It starts off fairly well - some construction guys come across a sealed bunker while working on a project, open it up and it's got some xenomorphs in that were the remnants of an old expedition seventy years prior. As you'd guess, they wreak havoc across Gotham and Batman has to do his thing to take them down. This part is generic, but at least entertaining and not completely dumb.

Then a federal agent shows up and she gives Batman a hard time. Why? Because she's a bad guy of sorts and is involved in a program where the xenomoprh genes are being spliced in with those belonging to various inmates at Arkham to create xenomorph/rogues gallery hybrids - so we get xenomorph Joker, Two Face, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow and Killer Croc. Batman fights them and winds. This part is dumb.

Overall, worth the $3 I paid for the whole series as I like the covers but this really isn't very good.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X