Batman comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Batman: Reptilian, by Garth Ennis and Liam Sharp, coming in June.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...dc-black-label
    Sharp sent this art out on Twitter this morning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E2QpVtwVIAEai-v.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	359957
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That's a mashup of Bisley and Sienkiewicz, for sure.

Comment

Picked this up recently for a really cheap price. "The Player on the Other Side!" It's one of the absolute best Batman stories ever. Bats comes up against his opposite, The Wrath, whose criminal parents were killed by the police when he was a child. He wars against all law enforcement and has set his sights on killing Gordon. Written by Mike W. Barr with art by Michael Golden and Mike DeCarlo. Well worth picking up if you see it in the cheap bin. I had it back in the day but it disappeared at some point.

Name:	Batman_Special_1.jpg
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	359979
        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

That is an awesome issue. There's a sequel to it in the Batman Confidential series. In it the original Wrath adopted his own orphan and trained him to become the second Wrath. The art is by Rags Morales and is very good. There's a tpb that collects that arc with the original Batman Wrath Special.
          "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
            That is an awesome issue. There's a sequel to it in the Batman Confidential series. In it the original Wrath adopted his own orphan and trained him to become the second Wrath. The art is by Rags Morales and is very good. There's a tpb that collects that arc with the original Batman Wrath Special.
            Ooh, I didn't know about the sequel! I like Rags Morales' art a lot too. I'm going to have to dig through the bins for those Batman Confidential issues or if I can't find them get that trade. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
              Ooh, I didn't know about the sequel! I like Rags Morales' art a lot too. I'm going to have to dig through the bins for those Batman Confidential issues or if I can't find them get that trade. Thanks for the tip!
              Oh yeah, the art is incredible!

Comment

Ok Mark Farmer,the inker on the Batman Rags stuff,where do I know him from? DIdn't he ink Elementals or maybe something else from Eclipse or Comico?

Comment

Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
                  Ok Mark Farmer,the inker on the Batman Rags stuff,where do I know him from? DIdn't he ink Elementals or maybe something else from Eclipse or Comico?
                  He's Alan Davis main inker. He originally did a bunch of stuff for 2000AD.

Comment

That Morales art is awesome! I am headed to the comic store tomorrow to see if they have the individual issues.

Comment

• The guy who wrote 'The Batman' movie, Mattson Tomlin, is now writing a comic called Batman: The Imposter.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/the-...-batman-comic/
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Not a comic but this is too cool not to post. I actually wore this on Halloween as a youngster. From a forthcoming book about old school Halloween.

Name:	OS-61-580x898.jpg
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	360274

Comment

• Cool, i had one as well, my little sister was Robin.

Comment

• Pretty sure I had one as a kid.

Comment

• When I was four, my neighbour gave me her son's cape and mask that he got when he was 4. I LOVED it!

Comment

• New DC Black Label series coming - Batman: One Dark Knight - coming in December 2021.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/jock...ck-label-book/

I like Jock's Batman art so I might pick this up.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X