No announcement yet.

Batman comics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd drink a bunch of beer out of a Neal Adams Batman cup, no questions asked.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      I'd drink a bunch of beer out of a Neal Adams Batman cup, no questions asked.
      That cup would go well with my Neal Adam's Batman and Joker Chuck Taylors!

Comment

A few years later to the party maybe but last night I read Dark Knight: The Last Crusade, the one shot that Miller, Romita Jr. and Azzarello did that serves as a prelude of sorts to The Dark Knight Returns. Anyway, I thought it was pretty decent. Would have preferred, for consistency's sake, to have had Miller at least do the pencils but I understand why that didn't happen and Romita's artwork is seriously impressive in this one, really great stuff. The story could have fleshed things out a bit more than it did but overall it does what it needs to do and that's to provide some insight into what happened to Bruce and Jason before the events in the DKR mini-series and it does it well.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Wasn't DKR 2 hot garbage?
          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

It's been a while since I read it but I remember being disappointed in it. I should probably give it another shot but that would involve hauling heavy long boxes out of my closet and I've got enough to read right now.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Grabbed the hardcover slipcase edition of The Dark Knight Returns the other day. I thought I had all 4 original issue but it turns out I didn't have issue 1, and buying a collected edition at this point is much cheaper than trying to track down an original of the first issue and this particular edition is really, really nice and the price dropped to $30 so I bite.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                Wasn't DKR 2 hot garbage?
                It sure was. Absolute trash.

Comment

Read the six issue Batman Jekyll And Hyde series from 2005. Paul Jenkins wrote it, Jae Lee drew it. It's pretty dark and occasionally twisted. A decent Two-Face story that offers a bit of info on why he is the way he is and compares his persona to Batman's in some interesting ways. Not an essential read, it starts stronger than it ends, but worth it at $1 a piece or if you can find it cheap.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

DC is bringing Batman Black And White back in December.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/conf...s-in-december/
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                      Read the six issue Batman Jekyll And Hyde series from 2005. Paul Jenkins wrote it, Jae Lee drew it. It's pretty dark and occasionally twisted. A decent Two-Face story that offers a bit of info on why he is the way he is and compares his persona to Batman's in some interesting ways. Not an essential read, it starts stronger than it ends, but worth it at $1 a piece or if you can find it cheap.
                      Going to check this out. I like Two-Face and there seems to be a lack of good Two-Face stories other than a brief run in Gotham P.D.

Comment

I've read the first issue of THREE JOKERS. I've been geeked to read it ever since we were given the first clue back in the New 52 JLA. Maybe my expectations were too high, but it hasn't hit me with any "Holy Shit" moments yet. I'm in for the entire series and hoping that it does pay off.

Anyone else read it yet?
                        "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

I read the first issue and wasn't too impressed. Too many flashbacks and establishing dialogue kind of like a Family Guy joke: "Hey, remember that time Joker killed the 2nd Robin?" I'll give it till the 2nd issue before dropping it.

Comment

Bill Sienkiewicz's unpublished story from Detective Comics #801 released online.

https://www.cbr.com/batman-bill-sien...city-of-crime/
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Read the first 2 issues of Three Jokers just this afternoon and I'd say good, not great. Curious to see how it ends though.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Meh. Maybe an animated adaptation could fix it?

Comment

Working...
                                X