Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	bat.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	355922
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

If you dig Batman and you dig Bill Sienkiewicz you might want to check out this link for some pages from Detective Comics #801, with a never published Bill Sienkiewicz story.

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/...id=tEn3bAMq1nU
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This is highly relevant to my interests.

One day I should get off my ass and figure out photo hosting and put some pics up on here of my more interesting items from my Batman collection.

Comment

Yes you should.

As a big Sienkiewicz, seeing those pages is bitter sweet. Would have been so cool if he had actually completed the run.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
            Yes you should.

As a big Sienkiewicz, seeing those pages is bitter sweet. Would have been so cool if he had actually completed the run.
            Definitely. Sienkiewicz is one of my favourite artists, and Batman has been my favourite superhero since I was 3, so the only time the two were combined being unreleased is bittersweet to finally get a chance to catch a glimpse of!

Comment

Didn't he do a few pages in Batman #400? I know he did the cover for sure but I think he did a few interior pages as well.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Didn't he do a few pages in Batman #400? I know he did the cover for sure but I think he did a few interior pages as well.
                He did a chapter. Can't recall the inker.
                "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
                  He did a chapter. Can't recall the inker.
                  I somehow either forgot about that, or missed it when it happened. I got totally out of buying comics for a long time.

Comment

It's got a rad cover too. My copy is signed by Sienkiewicz and, if I remember correctly, Wrightson as well. It's been a long time though so I could be remembering that wrong but I'm pretty sure they were both at the same con in Toronto when I lived there back in the 90s.

Name:	batman.jpg
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	356381
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It's got a rad cover too. My copy is signed by Sienkiewicz and, if I remember correctly, Wrightson as well. It's been a long time though so I could be remembering that wrong but I'm pretty sure they were both at the same con in Toronto when I lived there back in the 90s.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22880[/ATTACH]
                      I remember that now, and I might even have it. Man, this burnout messed me up.

Comment

I read Batman: White Knight which was interesting. I liked the art and the idea of the Joker becoming sane and him and Batman switching roles was interesting. Too many logical flaws such as: Batman chases Joker down to a seemingly random building filled with prescription drugs. Leading to Batman getting super pissed at Joker, again, and force feeding him random pills (that no one can identify) that causes the Joker to reclaim his sanity (what?). Joker becomes sane but no, it's all a ruse and he and Harley (there's two Harley's now?) set up Batman's downfall. Which leads to the Joker running for senator (what?). If you can get past that bizarro logic then it's pretty good and I'd recommend it.
                        "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

https://trouble.city/articles/2019/7...ay2edorhjy1pk2

John Carpenter is writing a Joker comic.
                          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Name:	batman.jpg
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	357538
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Just gave Sam Kieth's Batman/Lobo 2-issue series a read. I bought it years ago when I found the 2 issues cheap, put it in a box and forgot about it. The draw here, for me, was Kieths' art, which I've always loved and on that level, if you're a fan of his, it's top notch. Some wild layouts, his Batman looks great and his Lobo looks appropriately unhinged. I dug the story. It's got some unexpected (given that this is a Lobo story) feminist leanings that I thought were clever and interesting without feeling heavy-handed or preachy, it just worked in the context of the story being told. A good mix of humor and action and again, that art. Good stuff.

Name:	106505011_10158180622636253_4811912372354686063_n.jpg
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	358554

Name:	106691608_10158180622621253_2949167547623078047_n.jpg
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	358555
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Hated to start a new thread for this, so I'll put it here.

Today is 7/11, so fittingly the 13th Dimension has an AWESOME bunch of pictures of those Batman family Slurpee cups from the 1970s. I had several of them, holy shit I wish I still did. Oh, and this one is by Neal Adams.

Name:	IMG_0461-768x576.jpg
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	358580

https://13thdimension.com/holy-brain...-slurpee-cups/
                                I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Working...
                                X