Rad Artist: Bernie Wrightson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    A steal at twice the price, really. A lot of that stuff has been reprinted to death already but it'd be nice to have it all in one fancy ass hardcover.

I will buy that, read it TWICE, and then put it on a shelf.
    I will dry hump mine first.

Comment

I will also dry hump yours first.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I wonder if the one with the frog leg glutton will be in there. Frogs on crutches cracked me up. That one is so awesome, but I can't remember if it was Creepy or House of Mystery.

Comment

This one? I think it was a DC story.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yep. I love that one. So fuckin' awesome.

Comment

I saw a Hustler comic a long time ago that showed a restaurant with frog legs on special. The people were eating them and the frogs were leaving the kitchen on wheelchairs.

Comment

Unoriginal Hustler JERKS. I'll bet Wrightson's was first.

Comment

So my copy of the Creepy/Eerie stuff from Dark Horse showed up yesterday - $13 on Amazon, you'd be crazy not to order this if you're a Wrightson fan. It's impressive how much detail comes out in the black and white line art when it's printed as nicely as it is here.

There was also an ad in the back for the Dark Horse edition of Frankenstein....

Click image for larger version

Name:	51L4FYrrXlL__BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	338303

I had the old paperback version that came out in the 90s but wound up having to sell it for whatever reason. Sure would be nice to get a decent hardcover version. The illustrations in this are completely boner inducing.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Wrightson will be at the Boston Comic show in April. So will Al Feldstein. I'm having a nerd-gasm already!

Comment

I've met Wrightson a few times, he's super friendly and a really nice guy.

I do envy your potential Feldstein encounter, however. His Shock Suspenstories junkie cover is classic.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Am I super-geek to get Feldstein to sign his name under my Tales from the Crypt tattoo and get it buzzed in forever? Cause I might...

Comment

You are definitely a super geek for doing that, but please don't let it stop you because it's a rad idea.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rad.

Click image for larger version

Name:	creatures.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	338479
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              So my copy of the Creepy/Eerie stuff from Dark Horse showed up yesterday - $13 on Amazon, you'd be crazy not to order this if you're a Wrightson fan. It's impressive how much detail comes out in the black and white line art when it's printed as nicely as it is here.
                              I picked this up too and was blown away, I'll have to get that edition of Frankenstein as well.

Comment

Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                                X