Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New issue! Right up my street.

April 2021 - 84 FULL-COLOR pages
    Back Issue #126 is a “Legacy” issue, starring Wally West as the Flash! Featuring a Brandon Routh Superman interview, Harry Osborn/Green Goblin, Scott Lang/Ant-Man, Infinity Inc., the Reign of the Supermen, and the John Romita Legacy (with a bonus Romita Sr. and Jr. Rough Stuff feature). With Jon Bogdanove, Gerry Conway, Matt Fraction, Tom Grummett, Geoff Johns, Dan Jurgens, Karl Kesel, David Michelinie, Jerry Ordway, Sandy Plunkett, Roger Stern, Roy Thomas, Mark Waid, and many other superstar creators. Flash cover by Mike Wieringo and Jose Marzan Jr. Edited by Michael Eury.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BI126_LRG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	359644
    I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

New issue is out. Rad cover.

Name:	BI127x_LRG.jpg
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	360039

June 2021 - 84 FULL-COLOR pages
      Back Issue #127 is a gritty “Soldiers” issue spotlighting Sgt. Rock revivals, Hulk foe General Thunderbolt Ross, Beetle Bailey in comics, DC's enemy-starring Blitzkrieg, War is Hell's combat deadman John Kowalski, Atlas' savage soldiers, The 'Nam, Nth Man the Ultimate Ninja, and Gerry Conway and Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez's Cinder and Ashe. Featuring the work of Chris Claremont, Peter David, Chuck Dixon, Michael Golden, Larry Hama, Joe Kubert, Jeph Loeb, Don Lomax, Doug Murray, Billy Tucci, and more. Sgt. Rock cover by Brian Bolland. Edited by Michael Eury.

Comment

I never got that into war comics, though I did like The 'Nam. Great cover on that one though.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          I never got that into war comics, though I did like The 'Nam. Great cover on that one though.
          I never was into them back in the day either - aside from The 'Nam - but I have since read quite a bit of old stuff and also some of Garth Ennis's more recent stuff. The thing about Back Issue is the articles are usually so well written it's still fascinating to read even if the subject matter isn't in your wheelhouse.

Comment

Yeah, I don't buy it monthly but agree. The issues I have are all really good.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
              I never was into them back in the day either - aside from The 'Nam - but I have since read quite a bit of old stuff and also some of Garth Ennis's more recent stuff. The thing about Back Issue is the articles are usually so well written it's still fascinating to read even if the subject matter isn't in your wheelhouse.
              Agreed, I can't recommend Garth Ennis' war comics enough. FURY MAX: MY WAR GONE BY, PUNISHER: PLATOON, PUNISHER: BORN AGAIN, ENEMY ACE: WAR IN HEAVEN and his recent SARA for TKO comics have all been fantastic.
              "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                Agreed, I can't recommend Garth Ennis' war comics enough. FURY MAX: MY WAR GONE BY, PUNISHER: PLATOON, PUNISHER: BORN AGAIN, ENEMY ACE: WAR IN HEAVEN and his recent SARA for TKO comics have all been fantastic.
                He also did a really good series for Avatar, War Stories. It skipped around in 3 or 4 issue arcs that were set in Vietnam, the Middle East, WWII etc. This was a series he originally started at Vertigo. I haven't read all of the Vertigo issues yet, still need to track some down.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                  He also did a really good series for Avatar, War Stories. It skipped around in 3 or 4 issue arcs that were set in Vietnam, the Middle East, WWII etc. This was a series he originally started at Vertigo. I haven't read all of the Vertigo issues yet, still need to track some down.
                  Yeah, I've been meaning to get those eventually. The Vertigo series had art by Dave Gibbons and Cam Kennedy among others.
                  "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

New issue incoming!

Name:	BI128_LRG.jpg
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	360295

July 2021 - 84 FULL-COLOR pages
                    This “Bronze Age TV Tie-ins” issue tunes in to television-inspired comic adaptations of the 1970s to the early 1990s, including The Bionic Woman, Dark Shadows, Emergency, H. R. Pufnstuf, Hee Haw, Lost in Space, Primus, Sledge Hammer, Superboy, V… even Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp! Featuring Ken Bald, Primus star Robert Brown, Cary Bates, David Campiti, Mark Evanier, John Francis Moore, Lost in Space's Bill Mumy, Jim Salicrup, Alex Saviuk, Jack Sparling, Joe Staton, Marv Wolfman, and more. TV comic montage cover designed by Michael Kronenberg. Edited by Michael Eury.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      Agreed, I can't recommend Garth Ennis' war comics enough. FURY MAX: MY WAR GONE BY
                      This looks like i something i need.

Comment

Latest issue, sort of a companion piece to last month's. Sure to bring back memories of my Saturday mornings, haha.

Name:	BI129_LRG.jpg
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	360474

August 2021 - 84 FULL-COLOR pages
                        “TV Toon Tie-ins” issue! The Bronze-tastic World of Hanna-Barbera Comics, Underdog, Mighty Mouse, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Pink Panther, Battle of the Planets, and wildlife protectors Smokey Bear and Woodsy Owl. Bonus: Scott Shaw! digs up Captain Carrot's roots! Featuring the work of John Byrne, Ernie Colon, Jim Engel, Mark Evanier, Gary Fields, Michael Gallagher, Frank Johnson, Win Mortimer, Paul Norris, Marie Severin, Steve Skeates, Merrie Spaeth, Joe Staton, Tony Tallarico, Alex Toth, Bill Williams, and more. Repurposing a 1972 Charlton Hanna-Barbera Parade cover by Ray Dirgo and friends. Edited by Michael Eury.

Comment

Haha, new issue came yesterday. I re-upped my subscription after it had expired so maybe I got the last one late. Plenty to read now! This looks cool too.

Name:	BI130X_LRG.jpg
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	360490

September 2021 - 84 FULL-COLOR pages
                          Bronze Age Promos, Ads, and Gimmicks! Who was the mystery writer of those zany Hostess Comic Ads? Plus: the aborted DC Super-Stars Society fan club, DC 16-page Preview Comics, the DC Hotline, Popeye Career Comics, Marvel's little-known Quarterly Reports, and more. Featuring Mike W. Barr, Kurt Busiek, Mike Chen, Glenn Herdling, Paul Kupperberg, Paul Levitz, Dan Mishkin, Tom Morgan, Mark Pacella, Jimmy Palmiotti, Bob Rozakis, Scott Shaw!, Terry Stewart, Roy Thomas, Marv Wolfman, and more. With a previously unpublished 1979 5-Star Super-Hero Spectacular cover by Dick Dillin and Dick Giordano. Edited by Michael Eury.

Comment

The Kirby issue is here!

Name:	BI131x_LRG.jpg
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	360629

October 2021 - 84 FULL-COLOR pages
                            The Kirby Legacy at DC, exploring Jack Kirby's post-Fourth World Bronze Age DC characters! Etrigan the Demon, Kamandi the Last Boy on Earth, OMAC: One Man Army, Sandman, and Kirby's Odd Jobs (Atlas, Manhunter, and more). Plus: the Simon & Kirby Reunion That Wasn't! Featuring Stephen Bissette, Gerry Conway, Dave Gibbons, Steve Rude, Steve Sherman, Ryan Sook, Roy Thomas, Rick Veitch, Tom Veitch, Matt Wagner, and more. Demon cover by Kirby and Mike Royer. Edited by Michael Eury.

Comment

New issue! Delayed a bit by shipping woes.

Name:	BI132_LRG.jpg
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	361097

December 2021 - 84 FULL-COLOR pages
                              1980s Marvel Limited Series, including Chris Claremont and Frank Miller's Wolverine! Plus: Black Panther, The Falcon, The Punisher, Machine Man, Iceman, Magik, Fantastic Four vs. X-Men, Nick Fury vs. S.H.I.E.L.D., Wolfpack, and more! Featuring Jon Bogdanove, Denys Cowan, Tom Defalco, J.M. DeMatteis, Steven Grant, Larry Hama, Al Milgrom, Paul Neary, Paul Smith, Barry Windsor-Smith, and more. Wolverine #1 cover recreation by Joe Rubinstein (after Frank Miller). Edited by Michael Eury.

Comment

New issue came today. Pretty cool Kubert cover!

Name:	BI134x1_LRG.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	392291

April 2022 - 84 FULL-COLOR pages

Bronze Age Rarities & Oddities, spotlighting rare European Superman comics of the 1980s! Plus: Curt Swan’s Batman, Jim Aparo’s Superman, David Anthony Kraft’s Marvel custom comics, Michael Uslan’s unseen Earth-Two stories, Leaf’s DC Secret Origins, Marvel’s Evel Knievel and Kool-Aid Man, early cover variants, and more! Featuring Eduardo Barreto, Paul Kupperberg, Alex Saviuk, and more. Superman cover by Joe Kubert. Edited by Michael Eury.

Last issue was awesome too, all about Starman, including the James Robinson classic.
                                ​​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X