No announcement yet.

Back Issue magazine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love KIMOTA the Miracleman companion. And their JSA stuff has been great.

Comment

New issue is out. It speaks volumes to how good this magazine is that while I've never been a huge Guardians fan, I'm still looking forward to reading this cover to cover.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BI119_LRG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	205.6 KB
ID:	357683

April 2020 - 84 FULL-COLOR pages
      Back Issue #119 is a special Guardians of the Galaxy issue! A galaxy of comics stars discuss Marvel's white-hot space team in the Guardians Interviews, including Tom DeFalco, Keith Giffen, Rob Liefeld, Al Milgrom, Mary Skrenes, Roger Stern, Jim Valentino, and more. Plus: Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon before the Guardians, with Chris Claremont and Mike Mignola. Featuring a Bronze Age Guardians cover by their Copper Age artist, Jim Valentino, inked by Chris Ivy. Edited by Michael Eury.
      Diamond Comic Distributors Order Code: DEC191934
      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Hell yea I love the 70s Guardians. I need to just go ahead and sub to Back Issue.

Comment

TwoMorrows has made a bunch of stuff free on their website in PDF format.

https://twomorrows.com/index.php?mai...ndex&cPath=108
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Got the new issue in the mail today. Looking forward to digging in to this, particularly the Mon- El history.

Name:	BI120_LRG.jpg
Size:	211.6 KB
ID:	357862

June 2020 - 84 FULL-COLOR pages
            Back Issue #120 spotlights Heroes of Tomorrow! A Mon-El hero history, Steve Lightle's Legionnaires, and the controversial Legion of Super-Heroes: Five Years era. Plus Mike Sekowsky's Manhunter 2070, Mike Grell's Starslayer, Charlton's Space: 1999 tie-in, Paradox, and Mike Baron's unfinished SONIC DISRUPTORS series. Featuring Tom And Mary Bierbaum, John Byrne, Keith Giffen, Val Mayerik, Jason Pearson, Walter Simonson, Tim Truman, Mike Vosburg, Mark Waid, and more. Mon-El and the '80s Legion cover by Steve Lightle. Edited by Michael Eury.
            Diamond Comic Distributors Order Code: FEB202047

Comment

Finally a new issue is out, first since the end of April due to the pandemic. Got it in the mail today, can't wait to dig in. Particularly the article on Marvel's Not-Quite-Conans. I referred to this issue in the Conan thread but dammit, I'm gonna do it here too.

Name:	BI121_LRG.jpg
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	358778

September 2020 - 84 FULL-COLOR pages
              Back Issue #121 is our Conan and the Barbarians issue, celebrating the 50th anniversary of Roy Thomas and Barry Windsor-Smith's Conan #1! The Bronze Age Barbarian Boom, Top 50 Marvel Conan stories, Marvel's Not-Quite Conans (from Kull to Skull), Arak-Son of Thunder, Warlord action figures, Gray Morrow's Edge of Chaos, and Conan the Barbarian at Dark Horse Comics. Joining Roy Thomas are Kurt Busiek, Ernie Colon, Chuck Dixon, Mike Grell, Ron Randall, Dann Thomas, Timothy Truman, Marv Wolfman, and many more. Featuring the never-before-published alternate cover for Marvel's Conan #9, from 1971. Edited by Michael Eury.

Comment

Got the new issue last Friday. Looks like another awesome read.

Name:	BI122_LRG.jpg
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	358970

October 2020 - 84 FULL-COLOR pages
                Back Issue #122 celebrates the 40th anniversary of Marv Wolfman and George Pérez's New Teen Titans, featuring a guest editorial by Wolfman, a Pérez Titans art gallery, and a Pérez retirement banquet tribute with Jim Starlin, Ron Lim, Joe Rubinstein, and friends! Plus: The New Teen Titans' 40 Greatest Moments, the Titans in the media, hero histories of Raven, Starfire, and the Protector, and more! With a never-before-published Pérez Titans cover from 1981. Edited by Michael Eury.

Comment

New issue! Got this a couple weeks ago, just about finished it. Excellent as usual, really enjoyed the article on Atlas/Seaboard's horror/heroes. Some genuinely bizarre characters - a Spiderman ripoff who is a cannibal! Two good articles on Man-Thing made me want to go digging for some of those issues.

Name:	BI124b_LRG.jpg
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	359326

Horrific Heroes shamble forth in Back Issue #124! Bronze Age histories of Man-Thing and the Creeper, Atlas/Seaboard's horrifying heroes, and Ghost Rider (Danny Ketch) rides again! Featuring the work of Alan Brennert, Frank Brunner, Gerry Conway, Howard Mackie, Val Mayerik, Roy Thomas, and more. Man-Thing cover by Rudy Nebres. Edited by Michael Eury.

Comment

I need to just bite the bullet and sub to Back Issue.

Comment

One of my buddies sent me 3 BI mags for Xmas and they were a pleasure to read.
                      "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
                        One of my buddies sent me 3 BI mags for Xmas and they were a pleasure to read.
                        What issues did you get, Gary?

Comment

#49 the 1970's Time Capsule Issue with Deathlok on the cover
                          #74-Bronze Age Fantastic Four
                          #80-Flash & Green Lantern Bronze age issue

I also have 4 or 5 digital issues that I ordered a few years back, but can't recall off the top of my head which ones they are. I think one had to do with the 100 Page Super Spectaculars of DC.
                          "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

I have that Flash and GL issue, that's a good one. Don't have the other 2. I do have that 100 page DC Super Spectaculars issue - that's the one that introduced me to the mag and remains my all-time favorite issue. I subscribed shortly after that one came out. I have several older issues too, bought them at various comic cons.

Comment

Boom! Look what is coming later this year!

Name:	BI131Cover-580x753.jpg
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	359345

October 2021 - 84 FULL-COLOR pages

The Kirby Legacy at DC, exploring Jack Kirby's post-Fourth World Bronze Age DC characters! Etrigan the Demon, Kamandi the Last Boy on Earth, OMAC: One Man Army, Sandman, and Kirby's Odd Jobs (Atlas, Manhunter, and more). Plus: the Simon & Kirby Reunion That Wasn't! Featuring Stephen Bissette, John Byrne, Gerry Conway, Dave Gibbons, Michael Golden, Alan Grant, Greg Rucka, Val Semeiks, Roy Thomas, Bruce Timm, Matt Wagner, and more. Demon cover by Kirby and Mike Royer. Edited by Michael Eury.

Comment

New issue is out! Looking forward to diving into this.

Name:	BI125_LRG.jpg
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	359447

February 2021 - 84 FULL-COLOR pages
                                Back Issue #125 takes a stab at the evolution of Creator-Owned Comics, featuring in-depth histories of Matt Wagner's Mage and Grendel. Plus other indie sensations of the Bronze Age, including Colleen Doran's A Distant Soil, Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo, Steve Purcell's Sam & Max, James Dean Smith's Boris the Bear, and Larry Welz's Cherry Poptart! With a fabulous Grendel cover by Wagner. Edited by Michael Eury.

Comment

Working...
                                X