What We Do in the Shadows (2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What We Do in the Shadows (2014)

It's a mockumentary about vampire roommates living in New Zealand and features Jemaine Clement from Flight of the Concords. Great stuff and very funny. Anybody else check it out?

Johnny Stickman
    Way Out Hep Cat
    Last edited by Johnny Stickman; 03-29-2015, 05:01 AM. Reason: Oh yeah, trailer

I haven't seen this film though I have a grudge against it anyway. I was at a screening of one of my own films and at the Q&A afterwards some guy (who later turned out to be a child molester in a high profile criminal case that's still running right now) berated me for not getting funding like those unknown Kiwis who put together this high production vampire film from nothing. At the time I had no idea about the film he was talking about and could only apologise (because he seemed genuinely mad...) when I found out later they weren't unknown kiwis but rather the filight of the concorde guys I was pissed and have completely unfairly vowed never to see this film.
    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

From The Digital Bits:

"In other news this afternoon, let me make a quick film viewing recommendation: Go see What We Do in the Shadows. It's a mockumentary send-up of the vampire genre made in New Zealand in 2014 and produced by Funny or Die. It debuted at Sundance last year and is now in theaters here in the States distributed by Madman Entertainment. You might have seen the Kickstarter campaign to make the American theatrical release happen. The film is already available on Blu-ray in Australia and the UK, and is set for DVD only release here in the States on 5/19 from “Team Marketing” - hopefully Team will get a Blu-ray going as well later this year. If not, a lot of people are going to end up importing the Blu-ray. Let me tell you, it's very funny. Here's a look at the trailer…"

So DVD only in the US in 2015?

LAME!

I still want to see this though.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Cover art for the US Blu-ray release.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I had this movie shoved down my throat but when I watched it it genuinely won me over. It's funny, not hilarious. And cute in spots. But it's overlong, it's like they just kept coming up with different skit ideas. It could've been a half hour. And I'm not really a fan of the Concord guys, or most contemporary comedy troupes. But as a fan of vampires in film and genre films it was funny.
          "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

The people who like it can be pretty insistent, yeah. I'm holding out, so far. Just to be a dick, because I'll probably like it.

Comment

Looks like there is a sequel in the works.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33...hadows-sequel/
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Looks like there's a remake in the works.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-brillian...ows-1819894259
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

A remake? Sweet.

What the shit.

Comment

A sequel is happening too.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/11/tai...es-1201893483/
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Is there a remake of the sequel yet?

Comment

Originally posted by paul h. View Post
                        Is there a remake of the sequel yet?
                        I'm holding out for the remake of the sequel to the remake's sequel.
                        Darcy Parker
                        Last edited by Darcy Parker; 02-11-2018, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Update on the pending TV series, Doug Jones and a few others added to the cast.

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/02/wha...in-1201926242/
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

TV adaptation is to run 10 episodes on FX for the first season.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/what-...tv-series-news
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X