No announcement yet.

Mexican Horror - The Golden Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread made me dig out all my old Casa Negra DVDs. If I can find my old reviews, I'll do some caps and post them on the site, no sense in them not existing since they're done and all.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah I've been watching one each night for the past few days. Great stuff!
      "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
        This thread made me dig out all my old Casa Negra DVDs. If I can find my old reviews, I'll do some caps and post them on the site, no sense in them not existing since they're done and all.
        DO IT!
        "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

What Gary said! I'm so glad I have all the Casa Negra dvds, I plan on a marathon this week.
          I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

It would be great if someone filled the void Casa Negra left. Still waiting for The Man Without A Face (1950); El Monstruo Resucitado (1953); and The Witch (1954).

Comment

Originally posted by ChicGandil View Post
              It would be great if someone filled the void Casa Negra left. Still waiting for The Man Without A Face (1950); El Monstruo Resucitado (1953); and The Witch (1954).
              The last two were released on dvd sans any English options in the 00's. I can't recall what company released them. Televista maybe? I had The Witch and it was easy enough to follow, but it would have been better with some English.

Comment

These make for excellent, and nostalgic, reading, Ian. Thanks for dusting them off.
                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Agreed. Good stuff, Ian!
                  "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Thanks! I'll run some more over the next few weeks.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

After reading your review of THE LIVING COFFIN, I decided to make that tonight's viewing. This time around, I found it to be a fun little time waster. No classic as there are some pretty annoying plot devices (annoying sidekick, smart ass horse, Scooby Dooish goings on). Some moody moments were to be had though and it wasn't as dull as I'd recalled.

Now if I need to revisit CURSE OF THE CRYING WOMAN.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
                        The last two were released on dvd sans any English options in the 00's. I can't recall what company released them. Televista maybe? I had The Witch and it was easy enough to follow, but it would have been better with some English.
                        Not sure about THE WITCH, but One-7 Movies released EL MONSTRUO RESUCITADO as MONSTER back in 2013:

https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Miros...%2C230&sr=1-32

The description states it's subtitled in English, and it appears there are still some sellers offering it for a reasonable price. I already had gotten it from Sinister Cinema, and I figured their version probably was sufficient.
                        VHS will never die!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne Marshall View Post
                          Not sure about THE WITCH, but One-7 Movies released EL MONSTRUO RESUCITADO as MONSTER back in 2013:

https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Miros...%2C230&sr=1-32

The description states it's subtitled in English, and it appears there are still some sellers offering it for a reasonable price. I already had gotten it from Sinister Cinema, and I figured their version probably was sufficient.
                          There are some screen caps here if you want to check them out.

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/c...p?2831-Monster
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

There are some screen caps here if you want to check them out.

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/c...p?2831-Monster
                            Thanks for that. The screen caps look on par with (maybe a bit better than) the quality of the SC print, which sports the title IL MOSTRUOSO DOTTOR CRIMEN.
                            VHS will never die!

Comment

Awesome! Just ordered the One-7 disc. Thank you!!

Comment

Working...
                              X