• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either way, high five!
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
      Yeah, great job Paul (and if you ever find yourself wanting to write stuff like this and can't find an outlet, feel free to drop me a PM).
      Thanks, Ian. I'll bear the offer in mind and probably get back to you after the summer.

Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
      I was able to send them a copy of the script with English subs just in time for them to put it on the disc. They were going to release it with no English options. A copy of the script is in the extras.

The good old days.
      That's excellent, Gary. Those CasaNegra releases are very much treasured.
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

From part of Vinegar Syndrome's newsletter:

our first foray into Mexican horror all in store for the Fall.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
          From part of Vinegar Syndrome's newsletter:
          I very much doubt their Mexican horror releases will be from the "golden age". They know what butters their bread these days, and it's stuff from the 80s/90s. So expect the horror films to be from that era. DON'T PANIC seems like an obvious choice for them.

Comment

Now, Casa Negra was a looong time ago and I'm going by pieces of half forgotten memory here, but I remember a French member on Cinehound told me that two announced films that Casa Negra had restored, but didn't release because they went belly up, those two restored versions actually came out from a French label. But sans English subs. I forget the titles, though.
            2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
              For what it's worth, I recently threw together an article about the 'golden age' of Mexican horror cinema for an online publication: https://www.thefilmagazine.com/mende...horror-cinema/
              Noice!! Thanks for the link, Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
                I was able to send them a copy of the script with English subs just in time for them to put it on the disc. They were going to release it with no English options. A copy of the script is in the extras.

The good old days.
                Gary, mate, you da man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack J View Post
                  Noice!! Thanks for the link, Paul.
                  You're welcome! :)
                  'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

Now, Casa Negra was a looong time ago and I'm going by pieces of half forgotten memory here, but I remember a French member on Cinehound told me that two announced films that Casa Negra had restored, but didn't release because they went belly up, those two restored versions actually came out from a French label. But sans English subs. I forget the titles, though.
                    THE LIVING HEAD and WORLD OF VAMPIRES were the pair of films, Jack. The French company was Bach Films, I believe.

Comment

THE LIVING HEAD and WORLD OF VAMPIRES were the pair of films, Jack. The French company was Bach Films, I believe.
                      Thanks. I assume there are fan subbed versions out there.

Comment

Thanks. I assume there are fan subbed versions out there.
                        There are some on OpenSubtitles.org ;)

Comment

There are some on OpenSubtitles.org ;)
                          Thanks. I don't have the films, though, and I'm not on any torrent sites. I don't assume they're on Tubi? lol

Comment

Thanks. I don't have the films, though, and I'm not on any torrent sites. I don't assume they're on Tubi? lol
                            Sorry, bud :) Don't know what Tubi is. I'm a middle-aged fart now, I guess

The OpenSubs files should match w/a rip of the French DVDs, but don't quote me on that :)

Comment

Sorry, bud :) Don't know what Tubi is. I'm a middle-aged fart now, I guess

The OpenSubs files should match w/a rip of the French DVDs, but don't quote me on that :)
                              LOL. A free (and legit) online film streaming service in the US. The EU won't let us watch it, though, but that's why we have VPN.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared A. View Post
                                I very much doubt their Mexican horror releases will be from the "golden age". They know what butters their bread these days, and it's stuff from the 80s/90s. So expect the horror films to be from that era. DON'T PANIC seems like an obvious choice for them.
                                BCI's first set of "recent" Mexican horror flicks contained DON'T PANIC and several others:

https://www.amazon.com/Crypt-Terror-...ies-tv&sr=1-11

It was a pretty good sampling from the 80's and early 90's, I think. (The second set was actually stuff from the "Golden Era.") Maybe some of these will be among the group of titles VS releases?
                                VHS will never die!

Comment

Working...
                                X