• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Jack J

• Jack J
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul L View Post
    Sorry, bud :) Don't know what Tubi is. I'm a middle-aged fart now, I guess

The OpenSubs files should match w/a rip of the French DVDs, but don't quote me on that :)
    LOL. A free (and legit) online film streaming service in the US. The EU won't let us watch it, though, but that's why we have VPN.

Leave a comment:

• Paul L
    Scholar of Sleaze

• Paul L
    replied
    Originally posted by Jack J View Post
    Thanks. I don't have the films, though, and I'm not on any torrent sites. I don't assume they're on Tubi? lol
    Sorry, bud :) Don't know what Tubi is. I'm a middle-aged fart now, I guess

The OpenSubs files should match w/a rip of the French DVDs, but don't quote me on that :)

Leave a comment:

• Jack J

• Jack J
    replied
    There are some on OpenSubtitles.org ;)
    Thanks. I don't have the films, though, and I'm not on any torrent sites. I don't assume they're on Tubi? lol

Leave a comment:

• Paul L
    Scholar of Sleaze

• Paul L
    replied
    Thanks. I assume there are fan subbed versions out there.
    There are some on OpenSubtitles.org ;)

Leave a comment:

• Jack J

• Jack J
    replied
    THE LIVING HEAD and WORLD OF VAMPIRES were the pair of films, Jack. The French company was Bach Films, I believe.
    Thanks. I assume there are fan subbed versions out there.

Leave a comment:

• Paul L
    Scholar of Sleaze

• Paul L
    replied
    Now, Casa Negra was a looong time ago and I'm going by pieces of half forgotten memory here, but I remember a French member on Cinehound told me that two announced films that Casa Negra had restored, but didn't release because they went belly up, those two restored versions actually came out from a French label. But sans English subs. I forget the titles, though.
    THE LIVING HEAD and WORLD OF VAMPIRES were the pair of films, Jack. The French company was Bach Films, I believe.

Leave a comment:

• Paul L
    Scholar of Sleaze

• Paul L
    replied
    Noice!! Thanks for the link, Paul.
    You're welcome! :)

Leave a comment:

• Jack J

• Jack J
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
    I was able to send them a copy of the script with English subs just in time for them to put it on the disc. They were going to release it with no English options. A copy of the script is in the extras.

The good old days.
    Gary, mate, you da man!!!

Leave a comment:

• Jack J

• Jack J
    replied
    For what it's worth, I recently threw together an article about the 'golden age' of Mexican horror cinema for an online publication: https://www.thefilmagazine.com/mende...horror-cinema/
    Noice!! Thanks for the link, Paul.

Leave a comment:

• Jack J

• Jack J
    replied
    Now, Casa Negra was a looong time ago and I'm going by pieces of half forgotten memory here, but I remember a French member on Cinehound told me that two announced films that Casa Negra had restored, but didn't release because they went belly up, those two restored versions actually came out from a French label. But sans English subs. I forget the titles, though.

Leave a comment:

• Jared A.

• Jared A.
    replied
    Originally posted by fatboyslim142 View Post
    From part of Vinegar Syndrome's newsletter:
    I very much doubt their Mexican horror releases will be from the "golden age". They know what butters their bread these days, and it's stuff from the 80s/90s. So expect the horror films to be from that era. DON'T PANIC seems like an obvious choice for them.

Leave a comment:

• fatboyslim142

• fatboyslim142
    replied
    From part of Vinegar Syndrome's newsletter:

our first foray into Mexican horror all in store for the Fall.

Leave a comment:

• Paul L
    Scholar of Sleaze

• Paul L
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
    Yeah, great job Paul (and if you ever find yourself wanting to write stuff like this and can't find an outlet, feel free to drop me a PM).
    Thanks, Ian. I'll bear the offer in mind and probably get back to you after the summer.

Originally posted by Gary Banks View Post
    I was able to send them a copy of the script with English subs just in time for them to put it on the disc. They were going to release it with no English options. A copy of the script is in the extras.

The good old days.
    That's excellent, Gary. Those CasaNegra releases are very much treasured.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    Either way, high five!

Leave a comment:

• Gary Banks

• Gary Banks
    replied
    Now that I think on it, there was similar situation with the first release of The Aztec Mummy. I had the English script for that too and sent it in. It may have been the Mummy that was going to be in Spanish and not Pit. Things get blurry after 15 years or so.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X