Night Of 1000 Cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Of 1000 Cats

Another recent Code Red disc I've picked up, as I'm sure a few others have.

Thoughts on this one? It's pretty nuts, but.... STIGLITZ! I need more Cardona in my life. This is a fact.

Some of the artwork for this movie is bad ass.

I haven't watched the new CR disc yet, though I plan to tonight or tomorrow. I've seen the movie before but it was a lousy VHS sourced transfer. I'm hoping this'll be a better way to do it.

I guess I'm just starting this thread as a reminder to myself to actually have something to say about the movie once I rewatch it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	363405

Name:	nightofa1000cats.jpg
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	363406
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I enjoyed the hell out of it. It is bananas. I must have laughed out loud a dozen times. The shocking bits are entertaining enough but it was a treat watching Hugo Stiglitz cruising for chicks in a helicopter. And while I'm not one for senseless animal cruelty, I take no issue with having a dozen or so cats thrown at Hugo Stiglitz's face for my enjoyment. :)

CR's print is a bit scratchy but the color and detail are good. Maria is sorely missed from the DVD. I would have liked to have seen Bill throwing stuffed cats at her from offscreen. And this film deserves having Maria bitch about how awful it is.

There is a trailer for BLACK ANGELS. I need to see that.
    Jason C
    Last edited by Jason C; 05-26-2013, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Endless fun can be had with this baby...I love it.
      While the US version is shorter, it really omits little of interest. It also re arranges a kill scene to good effect from the longer English version ( and the even longer Mexican original ). You may find yourself particularly captivated by this guy...
      Dorgo :)

https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

I really like this: it's got a strange vibe all of its own. For me, the cat abuse is hard to take, however.

I was very pleased with the Code Red disc: nice to see the film in its OAR for the first time.
        'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
        'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Paul L View Post
          I really like this: it's got a strange vibe all of its own. For me, the cat abuse is hard to take, however.
          There were a couple of spots where it made me uncomfortable too, but I had to fight back a couple of giggles once someone off screen started throwing cats at Hugo. I didn't want to laugh, because I like cats and felt bad for them, but still... someone was throwing cats at Hugo's face.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

And his expression STILL didn't change!

Comment

SWEET SUGAR has some wrong-yet-funny slo-mo cat tossing also.

Comment

Night Of 1000 Cats

I love this movie. Stiglitz's startling resemblance to BLUE OYSTER CULT'S Eric Bloom cracks me up every time.

Bloom.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369800531.857595.jpg
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	343168

Stiglitz.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369800768.113763.jpg
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	343169

I really hope those hot chicks Hugo keeps messing with don't fear the reaper.

Comment

Working...
                X