• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umbrella Releasing Night Of Fear + Inn Of The Damned

Coming 11/2/22.

https://shop.umbrellaent.com.au/coll...-ray-1973-1975

EXCLUSIVE TO THE UMBRELLA WEBSTORE!
    First 100 orders receive a full size daybill!

A DOUBLE SHOCK of undiluted TERROR and SUSPENSE from maverick Ozploitation auteur TERRY BOURKE.

Umbrella Entertainment invites you to dim the lights and settle in for an unnerving evening of sadistic violence, red raw horror and ample bare flesh with this classic Ozploitation double bill – newly remastered in high definition from the original 35mm vault materials.

NIGHT OF FEAR

In this groundbreaking, homegrown creepfest, a deranged, reclusive hermit (Norman Yemm) delights in dismembering unwary travellers and keeping company with a colony of rats fed on blood.When a young woman (Carla Hoogeveen) crashes into one of the madman’s ghoulish road traps, so begins “an unrelenting avalanche of terror” (The Australian).

INN OF THE DAMNED

On a lonely stretch of road, deep in an isolated rainforest, lies an eerie, forgotten Inn. Few travellers stop there now – and those that do… disappear!Kincaid, an American bounty hunter (Alex Cord), is hired to unravel the Inn’s chilling secrets. He is soon confronted by its demented owners (Judith Anderson and Joseph Furst), obsessed with guarding the nightmarish truth within.

Director: Terry Bourke

Cast: Alex Cord; Briony Behets; Carla Hoogeveen; John Meillon; Joseph Furst; Judith Anderson; Michael Craig; Mike Dorsey; Norman Yemm

Extras:
    EXCLUSIVE TO THE WEBSTORE! - First 100 orders receive a full size daybill
    NEW – "THE D.W. GRIFFITH OF OZPLOITATION" – a visual essay on the career of filmmaker TERRY BOURKE by filmbuff Paul Harris
    NEW – Extended NOT QUITE HOLLYWOOD interviews with producer/editor Rod Hay and cast members Carla Hoogeveen, Norman Yemm and Briony Behets
    NEW – Terry Bourke TV episode “THE RAIDERS” with introduction by Jack Thompson
    NEW – Terry Bourke trailer reel – introduced by Terry Bourke
    NIGHT OF FEAR 2005 audio commentary with producer/editor Rod Hay, and actress Carla Hoogeveen moderated by filmmaker Mark Hartley
    INN OF THE DAMNED 2005 audio commentary with producer/editor Rod Hay and actor Tony Bonner
    Stills and poster galleries

No. of discs: 1
    Running time: 53 + 117
    Audio format: 2.0 DTS-HD MA & 2.0 MONO DTS-HD MA
    Region: ALL
    Format: 1080P
    Colour: COLOUR
    Languages: English
    Aspect ratio: 16:9
    Subtitles: English HOH
    Year of Production: 1973 + 1975
    Release Date: 02 Nov 2022

Click image for larger version

Name:	305965548_1756283231381555_3260873445695394865_n.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	400027
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I never realized Night Of Fear was only 53 minutes long. That's concise.

It's considered a full length feature film, right? No missing or lost reels?

Comment

Liked Night of Fear.

Comment

This is now getting a US release.

https://vinegarsyndrome.com/collecti...-night-of-fear
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I had the Code Red DVD but never watched it. Decided to do a blind upgrade on the strength of the synopsis but I kinda regret it. I pictured one of those dark and stormy nights-type of movies and what I got instead was an oddball Aussie horror-adjacent Western/mystery that threw me for a loop. It was OK, just not what I expected. I may sell it off. Haven't watched Night of Fear (the second feature) but I kinda don't want to now.

Comment

I was pretty sick of Alex Cord by the time Inn of the Damned finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Trench View Post
              I may sell it off. Haven't watched Night of Fear (the second feature) but I kinda don't want to now.
              Ah, no, you really do want to watch that one, it is quite a bit different. You should enjoy it, especially if you like gruesome stuff.
              VHS will never die!

Comment

Originally posted by Lorne Marshall View Post

Ah, no, you really do want to watch that one, it is quite a bit different. You should enjoy it, especially if you like gruesome stuff.
                Thanks, I'll take a look at it

Comment

Working...
                X