Where to get remaining Onar Films?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get remaining Onar Films?

Since the sad passing of Bill Barounis, does anyone know where to get Onar Films? I was wanting to round out my collection with stuff that I don't have, but don't know where to find them. Anyone know?

I sincerely hope Bill's family gets the benefit of the sales of his discs...he was such a good guy, and it's so sad. :(

I dunno what's going on with the Onar catalogue since Bill passed but I'd like to know too. Will see if there's any info on the Facebook group.

In semi-related news, check this out:

http://turkishcult.net/site/

Not a bad resource to get subbed stuff. Probably not on the same level as Onar's stuff but it's better than not getting access to this stuff at all.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oh and some Onar stuff does pop up on eBay from time to time too, so there's that resource.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Sweet! Thanks for the info and link! I've tried eBay, but none of the discs I need are on there. :(

Comment

Which ones are you after?
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

WOw. I didn't know that he passed away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
              Which ones are you after?
              His last two releases, KADIN DUSMANI, and ALTIN COCUK, the James Bond knockoff.

Comment

Originally posted by paul h. View Post
                WOw. I didn't know that he passed away.
                Yeah, sadly, he did. I feel really bad for his family. :(

Comment

There is a chance that the remaining Onar stock will be sold via Ebay in a benefit for Bill's family. Once I hear anything further I will post the info here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared A. View Post
                    There is a chance that the remaining Onar stock will be sold via Ebay in a benefit for Bill's family. Once I hear anything further I will post the info here.
                    Thanks, Jared. I would love to be able to help his family out in some way, and also round out my collection as well. I didn't know the guy personally, but the whole thing is just so sad, and this would be a good way to make sure his family gets the money from his work. Keep us posted.

Comment

That makes two of us. Please do keep us posted if this happens Jared.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Just posted on Onar's Facebook page:

-------------
                        ONAR FILMS DVD'S ON SALE
                        This sale is for the Family of our friend Vasilis "Bill"... The money will be send to his family.

For the orders outside Turkey: buyers add/pay their shipment . All will send to you with PTT (turkish post) Tracking number system. Sending time for Turkey is 1 week and Outside Turkey is 2 weeks. You can contact onarfilms.lastfilms@yahoo.com.
                        For the signed posters you have to mention your names!.
                        ... Ali Murat Guven

PS: I will add details for all your questions...

Prices and the list of the movies
                        25 lira - 11 euro - 14 dolar
                        30 lira: 13 euro - 17 dolar

3 DEV ADAM (LAST 85 copy) / Price: 25 lira
                        With a small poster signed by Aytekin Akkaya

í–LíœLER KONUÅžMAZ KÄ° / AÅžKA SUSAYANLAR (Ä°ki filmli DVD / LAST 80 copy) / Price: 30 TL
                        With a small poster signed by Aytekin Akkaya

KORKUSUZ KAPTAN SWING (Last 80 COPY) / Price: 25 TL

TARZAN Ä°STANBUL'DA (Last 90 COPY) / Price: 25 TL
                        With a small poster signed bu Kunt Tulgar

SíœPERMEN Dí–NíœYOR / DEMÄ°R YUMRUK DEVLER GELÄ°YOR (Ä°ki filmli DVD / Last 70 COPY) / Price: 30 TL
                        With a small poster signed bu Kunt Tulgar (director of the Supermen Donuyor)

KÄ°LÄ°NK Ä°STANBUL'DA (Last 30 COPY) / Price: 25 TL

KIZIL TUÄž: CENGÄ°Z HAN (Last 75 COPY) / Price: 25 TL

ALTIN í‡OCUK (Last 90 COPY) / Price: 25 TL

CASUS KIRAN (Last 15 COPY) / Price: 25 TL

CELLAT (Last 5 COPY) / Fiyatı: 30 TL

KÄ°LÄ°NK Uí‡AN

-------------

Thanks to Jack for pointing this out.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Thanks fir the info! I'll definitely place an order and round out my collection! And I'm very happy to hear the money will go to Bill's family. Kudos for whoever is helping them out with this.

Comment

Nice, now I can get the only remaining Onar film I'm missing, ALTIN í‡OCUK!
                            Just got a response too, it will cost about 50 Turkish Lira for the disc plus shipping. This works out to about 28 bucks Canadian, pretty much the same as I would have paid from Xploited back in the day.
                            Mark C.
                            Last edited by Mark C.; 04-06-2012, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zane C. View Post
                              Kudos for whoever is helping them out with this.
                              I'm told it's film director Kunt Tulgar and film journalist Ali Murat Guven. During Bill's last days Tulgar went to Greece to visit him and I believe they were close friends, as was he with Guven. I guess they must have transported the DVDs to Turkey from Greece as that's were they're selling them from.

About the prices, 14-17 US dollars is really cheap! I just checked my old Onar invoice for KORKUSUZ KAPTAN SWING and it was $30 plus postage! And lately some of them have gone to insane inflated price levels on eBay. CELLAT is on eBay right now and the latest bid is $66!!!
                              2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Working...
                              X