Kino releasing Stunt Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kino releasing Stunt Rock

No details/release date yet, just that it is from the new 4K master.

Ha. Just posted this on Ian's Facebook page. Not sure if he knows about it, but, if not, he'll be psyched!
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I know about it now, and yes, I'm psyched!
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Wow, this may deserve a 'Hell Yeah' more than anything.... ever. STUNT ROCK certainly could benefit from a new scan, but i never would have thunk it would happen, awesome.

Comment

Fun, fairly recent interview with Grant Page.

https://www.filmink.com.au/grant-pag...t-in-the-guts/
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

^ Cool interview. Put this on yesterday, then had to watch DEATHCHEATERS to see more of that ridiculous monster dune buggy.
            Spaghetti Monkey
            Last edited by Spaghetti Monkey; 12-13-2021, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Coming June 7th from Kino Lorber Studio Classics
                Stunt Rock (1977)
                • Brand New 4K Restoration
                • Audio Commentary by Director Brian Trenchard-Smith with Actors Grant Page and Margaret Trenchard-Smith
                • NOTQUIETHOLLYWOOD Interview with Brian Trenchard-Smith
                • NOTQUIETHOLLYWOOD Interview with Lead Actor/Stuntman Grant Page
                • The Ultimate Rush: Conversation with Brian and Margaret Trenchard-Smith
                • 2009 Interview with Brian Trenchard-Smith, Sorcery Lead Guitarist Smokey Huff and Producer Marty Fink
                • Theatrical Trailer
                • Selected Songs from the Soundtrack (First Time in Stereo)
                • Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
                • Region A/B/C
                • Optional English Subtitles
                Color 86 Minutes 2.35:1 Rated PG
                Take the thrill of insane stunts and the excitement of rock ’n’ roll, fuse them together and you get Stunt Rock! The madness starts when real-life Australian stuntman Grant Page (Mad Max) goes to L.A. and meets up with a theatrical rock band called Sorcery, and Page impresses the rockers so much with his daredevil antics that they hire him for their act. While his first stunt lands him in the hospital, the reckless Page defies his doctors’ orders, escaping out of the ward’s fifth-story window to get back to the band. Page soon finds himself the focus of the ladies, attracting both a newspaper reporter (Margaret Gerard, The Siege of Firebase Gloria) and a television star (Monique van de Ven, Turkish Delight), much to the annoyance of her manager (Richard Blackburn, Eating Raoul). Featuring non-stop action, a killer soundtrack and pedal-to-the-metal direction by Ozploitation king Brian Trenchard-Smith (The Man from Hong Kong, The Quest), Stunt Rock is an adrenaline-fueled cult classic that’s a death wish at 120 decibels!
                Also Available on DVD!

Click image for larger version

Name:	277103003_1640880306255182_6692950783401487847_n.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	358.7 KB
ID:	390242
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Riding Easy Records is giving the soundtrack a reissue on vinyl, CD and cassette.

https://www.ridingeasyrecs.com/produ...ck-soundtrack/

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Umbrella released this in OZ the day before my birthday in November last year which included a 16-PAGE COMIC BOOK ADAPTATION BY DARK OZ (LIMITED TO 3,000 COPIES).

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                      Riding Easy Records is giving the soundtrack a reissue on vinyl, CD and cassette.

https://www.ridingeasyrecs.com/produ...ck-soundtrack/
                      No 8-Track?

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

No 8-Track?
                        Well that would be about the only thing worse than a cassette 'Click-Click'. It still boggles my mind that there is any kind of demand for cassettes. But hey, have at it if you enjoy 'em. Using good quality blanks used to produce decent results. But pre-records were horrid.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaghetti Monkey View Post

Well that would be about the only thing worse than a cassette 'Click-Click'. It still boggles my mind that there is any kind of demand for cassettes. But hey, have at it if you enjoy 'em. Using good quality blanks used to produce decent results. But pre-records were horrid.
                          Yeah, I remember paying $8 per tape for good Sony Metal 110s in the mid-90s and getting good quality from CDs I taped, but man, pre-records were total shit, and compared to the US imports I'd get my hands on now and then, Canadian pre-recs were even worse, and in the case of CBS Records releases, had mutilated cover art, to boot!
                          Darcy Parker
                          Last edited by Darcy Parker; 07-09-2022, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Cassettes were the shit for making mixtapes. I spent countless hours/days/weeks/months toiling away on the perfect mixtape. Such great memories.
                            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                              Cassettes were the shit for making mixtapes. I spent countless hours/days/weeks/months toiling away on the perfect mixtape. Such great memories.
                              I would make mixtapes that people paid me for after hearing them. I'd mix all kinds of music and inserts, to the point of being able to go from a House of Pain song to Ministry with just the right bit of Ren and Stimpy in the middle to make it fit somehow. I love making those tapes.

Comment

Working...
                              X