Mahakaal (1993)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mahakaal (1993)

The Ramsay brothers A Nightmare On Elm Street rip-off/remake Mahakaal (1994) is being released on BD by Massacre Video.

Sourced from a BRAND NEW 2k scan from the original camera negatives & pre-orders for this (& Toxic Zombies) will be up later this month.

Wow!!!! I love old school Bollywood horror films. I hope that "Veerana" and "Purani Haveli" also get future blu ray releases too.

Comment

Whilst I suspect I might be happy to sitck with the Mondo Macabro DVD (which looks perfectly nice, IIRC), news of anyone restoring/releasing the Ramsay Bros movies is fantastic! If I'm feeling flush, might buy it just to help encourage them to do more...
      https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
      http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

nice! somehow I always thought bollywood horror will never look better than MM's bollywood horror collections. didn't they mention that the ramsays lost all of their negatives and it will never look better than VHS - strange?

Comment

Originally posted by Rakesh R. View Post
          Wow!!!! I love old school Bollywood horror films. I hope that "Veerana" and "Purani Haveli" also get future blu ray releases too.
          Mondo Macabro (ie Jared) said that some of the Mondo Macabro Bollywood titles won't get an upgrade due to the condition of the negatibves etc. Basically the best would be to just keep the MM DVDs.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	mass.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	359494
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Any chance this thread get moved to the Asian section? Only just realsed that it shouldn't be in this section.

Comment

I know India is Asia but it's so far removed from other Asian films in terms of film that I like it in international.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I've already got all the Mondo Macabro Bollywood double features so wouldn't need this film again. I'm disappointed there haven't been more releases of Indian horror from that period, including several I have on tape and would love to see with subtitles (my recollection isn't perfect on these, as I last viewed them over 2 decades ago):

KHOONI MURDAA (another NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET clone)
                  INSAAN BANA SHAITAN
                  HOUSE NO. 13 (I believe this was their POLTERGEIST)
                  BUNGALOW NO. 666 (FRIGHT NIGHT remake)
                  KABRASTAN
                  KAFAN
                  HAIWAN (the 1998 one that seems to have elements of SILENT RAGE with Chuck Norris!)
                  AAKHRI CHEEKH
                  AJOOBA KUDRAT KAA (remake of YETI)
                  KHOONI PANJA
                  KHOONI MAHAL
                  KHOON KI PYASI
                  VHS will never die!

Comment

I'd also really like to see more that haven't been released in English friendly editions yet.

Never heard of Haiwan or Bungalow No. 666, those sound potentially pretty neat.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Pre-order page is up.

http://massacrevideo.com/site/?produ...dition-blu-ray

Expected to ship later March/early April.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

"Look what just arrived to our shipping guy! These will begin shipping shortly, over 50% of this edition is gone. Don't miss out!

TOXIC ZOMBIES will be shipping to us tomorrow, once those arrive, they will be promptly sent to their new homes."

Click image for larger version

Name:	170048410_3715813598473656_6780118021304254726_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	359699
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I received the "Mahakaal" blu ray today. On the plus side, the details, colors, and grain look really nice. On the other hand, expect a grindhouse type presentation with lots of film artifacts. Overall, I was pleased. This movie does have a lot of striking visuals, with cool Bava/Argento-esque lighting in spots.

Comment

Cool! But is it worth upgrading from the old MM dvd? (which is a two disk release with Tahkkana)?

https://www.mondo-macabro.com/the-bo...vd-ramsay.html
                            2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Working...
                            X