Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tintorera Killer Shark Coming To Blu-ray From Scorpion Releasing

From FB...

Here's a sneak peak of the first of NINE MGM films Scorpion Releasing has partnered with Kino Lorber to release. Similar to the releases of a few years back, these several Kino Lorber Blu-rays will be fully produced by Walt Olsen, who will also oversee 6 brand new upcoming HD transfers.

From the Rene Cardona Jr., the acclaimed director of “SURVIVE!”, comes this thrilling adventure with some jaw-dropping shark attack thrills!

Hugo Stiglitz, Andres Garcia and Susan George are caught up in a love triangle on the high seas, until a giant monstrous shark shows up to chomp up all that love nonsense! Also starring Fiona Lewis and Jennifer Ashley.

TINTORERA, a large and vicious tiger shark that won't let up, is terrorizing boaters and beachgoers everywhere. It's every swimmer's worst nightmare! Will anyone survive?

TINTORERA will be presented in its superior US release version. Grab on tight to your bikinis and speedos, because this ridiculous shark-horror-sleaze-melodrama will be biting its way onto Blu-Ray very soon!

Click image for larger version

Name:	117597909_1577792312380214_280520232399523773_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	371325

Click image for larger version

Name:	117382798_1577792362380209_6896627411322505413_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	371324
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Finally, some Cardona, Jr. on Blu.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Tintorera experts: What does "US release version" signify?

Comment

Susan George, Fiona Lewis, and Priscilla Barnes are some major babe-i-tude.

Comment

Originally posted by funkvader View Post
          Tintorera experts: What does "US release version" signify?
          The US version is considerably shorter than the Spanish-language Mexican cut, but I don't know what's missing.

Looking forward to this!

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Meteor View Post
            The US version is considerably shorter than the Spanish-language Mexican cut, but I don't know what's missing.
            According to imdb, it looks like 41 minutes are missing. I like the bloated running time of the Mexican cut - it's part of the film's unique charm - but it will be cool to own two significantly different versions on disc.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post

I like the bloated running time of the Mexican cut - it's part of the film's unique charm
              What an odd mix of freewheelin love, people killing sharks and sharks killing people. I did enjoy it, but i'm on the fence as to whether or not i really want to see another 30-40 minutes of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaghetti Monkey View Post

What an odd mix of freewheelin love, people killing sharks and sharks killing people. I did enjoy it, but i'm on the fence as to whether or not i really want to see another 30-40 minutes of this.
                The problem with the US cut is that it removes too much of the character stuff and none of the shark killings, making it appear much more vicious by having too many shark-snuff sequences too close together. The Mexican cut is superior.

Comment

Cool, now i need to track down a copy of the long version. Spreading out the violence against sharks would just about have to play better.

Comment

This actually played on TCM Underground and I loved it. Got the blu.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post

The problem with the US cut is that it removes too much of the character stuff and none of the shark killings, making it appear much more vicious by having too many shark-snuff sequences too close together. The Mexican cut is superior.

Dead on for me, the whole bizarre mix of a hazy free love story with grotesque shark killings is what made me fall in love with this one.

Comment

Working...
                      X