Golden Ninja Video Releasing Death Warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Ninja Video Releasing Death Warrior

It's a release of dubious legality, but Golden Ninja Video has released a limited edition BD-R release of Death Warrior.

https://goldninjavideo.com/10-death-warrior/

200 pcs.

It'll be sourced from a tape, they're upfront about that and why they do it that way, but it's got some neat extras:

"SPECIAL FEATURES

A feature-length audio commentary track by The Important Cinema Club's Justin Decloux
    FEATURETTE: The Feverish World of Turkish Cinema: An Introduction
    FULL-LENGTH BONUS FILM: The Biggest Punch (1983)
    Liner notes by Justin Decloux
    HOLY SWORD (1982): The Feature Film That Was Cannibalized to create Death Warrior

A NOTE ON THE TRANSFERS

The Bibliotek Mondial du Kinema Importante is a collection of world cinema that Gold Ninja Video believes deserves more love. The films on this disc are not new scans and have not been remastered, but many exclusive special features have been created to provide context around the creation and legacy of the titles."

I grabbed a copy based 100% off of the recommendation from Ian Miller, because Ian Miller knows his fucking shit and we should all listen to him.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I've got this. Quality-wise, it's what you'd expect, but the film is fucking crazy and the extras are great. I'd recommend their Pearl Chang set too.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
      I've got this. Quality-wise, it's what you'd expect, but the film is fucking crazy and the extras are great.
      Ian Miller's influence has spread to the UK, and rightly so.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Ha! Thanks Ian! I need that Pearl Chang set also.

The timing was perfect as I had just watched THE SWORD AND THE CLAW on Tubi and fell in love with the film and Turkish pop cinema all over again. DEATH WARRIOR reminds one that TSATC/LIONMAN is a DeMille epic compared to any of the later films, but also how much fun it can be to have your mind completely fried by a viewing experience! The disc's ruining order is kind of brilliant, because (for me at least) each film is “better” (meaning SLIGHTLY more coherent) than the one that precedes it. As I told Ian, DEATH WARRIOR is like a Joseph Lai film on PCP, it's essentially a mosaic of unconnected facial close-ups with no establishing shots and not-even-matching ninja scenes. Glad to spread the word!

Comment

My copy shipped yesterday, can't wait for it to get here.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I like the effort that goes into these with booklets, intros, commentaries, featurettes and trailer reels. With only 200 copies each at a low price, seems like he's doing it out of love. Keep meaning to check out his Albert Pyun book.

Comment

Damn. I would have liked to get that Pearl Chang set. First I heard of it and it's sold out. Might get another pressing at some point if demand is there hopefully.

Comment

They have THE DRAGON LIVES AGAIN, but I think AGFA might be releasing it in the future. Joseph Ziemba was talking about how they restored it for theatrical screenings on one of the special features on the WICKED WORLD disc.
                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                  They have THE DRAGON LIVES AGAIN, but I think AGFA might be releasing it in the future. Joseph Ziemba was talking about how they restored it for theatrical screenings on one of the special features on the WICKED WORLD disc.
                  I have that one too but I mostly bought it for the trailer reel.

Looks like that one is out of print now.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Just found that Turkish First Blood is an easter egg on the Death Warrior disc. Just press the right arrow from the first menu option.

Comment

I've got this. Quality-wise, it's what you'd expect, but the film is fucking crazy and the extras are great. I'd recommend their Pearl Chang set too.
                      Did you get this during the pandemic or before all of the craziness? I'm just curious how long you had to wait to get the package. I'm assuming the guys selling this are based in the US?

Comment

Just found that Turkish First Blood is an easter egg on the Death Warrior disc. Just press the right arrow from the first menu option.
                        Oh shit!
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                          Did you get this during the pandemic or before all of the craziness? I'm just curious how long you had to wait to get the package. I'm assuming the guys selling this are based in the US?
                          Matt, they're in Canada, if you order one you'll probably get it before I do!
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            Matt, they're in Canada, if you order one you'll probably get it before I do!
                            Nice!

Comment

We're talking about THE INTRUDER aka RAMBU?

I ordered this bitch. Can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                              X