Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next of Kin (Aussie horror)

http://bloody-disgusting.com/home-vi...oming-blu-ray/

Umbrella will be releasing Next of Kin. I recognize the vhs art but have never seen the film but QT likes it so it has to be awesome!

Trailer looks good.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Keep your expectations in check and you'll probably enjoy it more than I did. I've only seen it on VHS, but I found it to be very slow with a few memorable moments. I had high expectations for it because Weldon praises it in the Psychotronic Video Guide. Maybe a remaster will improve it.
      Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I'm with Matt on this one. I saw it on tape back in the early 90's (VCL release) after reading some hype about it, I believe in the Phil Hardy encyclopedia. At the time, I was still undecided whether or not I actually liked Australian horror. The amazing LONG WEEKEND was the film that brought me around.
        Lorne Marshall
        Last edited by Lorne Marshall; 04-27-2018, 03:45 AM.
        VHS will never die!

Comment

I liked it. Yes, very slow, but very atmospheric. Some great creepy camerawork. And that scene in the trailer with the van crashing through the house was rather impressive I remember. Been waiting a long time for a good release of this.

Comment

Umbrella Entertainment Releasing Next Of Kin

Coming to Blu-ray 10/3/18.

https://www.umbrellaent.com.au/comin...s-blu-ray.html

SYNOPSIS

Linda Stevens, 24, has just inherited a big old house. An evil house.

All night she hears a voice that whispers slowly from somewhere deep in the back of her mind. Taps turn themselves on and off. Candles light without a flame being put to them, And just last night she found the corpse of an old man in her bath.

The house is called Montclare and something evil lives there.

EXTRA FEATURES

-Audio commentary with Director Tony Willams and Producer Tim WhiteAudio commentary with cast members John Jarratt, Jackie Kerrin, Robert Ratti and Not Quite Hollywood
            Director, Mark Hartley.Return to Montclare: Next of Kin Shooting locations revisitedExtended interviews from Not Quite Hollywood Deleted Scenes
            -Original Theatrical Trailer, VHS Trailer, German Trailer, German Opening Credits Before the Night is Out
            - Complete ballroom dancing footage from 1978Image GalleryTony Williams shorts from 1971: Getting Together + The Day We Landed on the Most Perfect Planet in the Universe
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Diabolik page for this us up.

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/product/n...ay-all-region/
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Special features announced (source):

Special Features include:
                Audio commentary with Director Tony Willams and Producer Tim White
                Audio commentary with cast members John Jarratt, Jackie Kerrin, Robert Ratti and Not Quite Hollywood Director, Mark Hartley.
                Return to Montclare: Next of Kin Shooting locations revisited
                Extended interviews from Not Quite Hollywood
                Deleted Scenes
                Original Theatrical Trailer
                VHS Trailer
                German Trailer
                German Opening Credits
                Before the Night is Out - Complete ballroom dancing footage from 1978
                Image Gallery
                Tony Williams shorts from 1971: Getting Together & The Day We Landed on the Most Perfect Planet in the Universe
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	next.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	354772
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

The trailer looks good so it seems like it would be worth a shot. If Deep Discount carries it, I'll definitely pick it up.

Watching the trailer "slow" and "atmospheric" is what came to mind. Considering how many releases that are coming soon everyone has seen, it's nice there's one I've never even heard of before is getting released.

Comment

I'd be surprised if Deep Discount doesn't carry it, they seem to be carrying all the Umbrella titles lately.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

D.D. has it up on the site but no image yet. Razorback is on back order so as soon as I can catch it, I'll order.

Comment

I'm hoping my copy of Razorback is waiting for me when I get back from vacation.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Sell sheet!

Click image for larger version

Name:	next.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	354882
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Hmmm..... from Diabolik's FB page:

"Just a note that we had to remove NEXT OF KIN from the site. We will still be filling the orders we took, but Umbrella that owns the worldwide rights if finalizing a US Blu-Ray deal and asked that we not sell it any longer. I don't know who is involved, but it is worth noting it is probably coming soon !"
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X