Money Movers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Movers

Umbrella has this slated for DVD in March.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077944/

Rock! Shock! Pop!

The counting house at "Darcey's Security Services" is a fortress. Security is intense and any would-be-robbers have little hope...unless they get "inside" help.MONEY MOVERS is a fast-moving, ultra-violent telling of Australia's biggest and bloodiest armed robbery - the theft of $20 million from a payroll counting office.
    Directed by acclaimed film maker Bruce Beresford (Breaker Morant, The Club) and boasting a top-notch Aussie cast including Bryan Brown, Charles (Bud) Tingwell, Tony Bonner, Ed Devereaux and Terrence Donovan, MONEY MOVERS "delivers an intriguing plot and hair-raising suspense with incredible pace and ferocity. A combination that thriller addicts cannot afford to miss!" (MOVIE NEWS).

EXTRA FEATURES
    Count Your Toes - a making-of featurette with Writer/Director BRUCE BERESFORD and cast members BRYAN BROWN, TERENCE DONOVAN, TONY BONNER and CANDY RAYMOND.
    Theatrical trailer
    Umbrella Propaganda

Click image for larger version

Name:	DVuQVybVQAILDpk.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	353653
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Name:	money.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	353696
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I actually have this on an old Swedish VHS. Decent crime thriller, but a bit slow paced and quite aged as I recall.

Also, hand't it been subtiteled I would have not understood a fuggen word they said.
        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Ha, I just got the DVD. I have trouble with Aussie accents sometimes too. Doubt there are subs on the DVD but haven't checked yet.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I was going to have a go at you guys for your comments here, then I thought, have a watch of the trailer first Dom. Yeah, nah, fair call, those are some fair dinkum, thick as dog shit 'strayan accents right there.
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
              I was going to have a go at you guys for your comments here.
              Ha, fair enough. We had an Australian exchange student living with us when I was a teenager and I had no trouble with her accent at all. Some of the accents in the movies though, they seem way thicker. Those ones can be a bit trickier for me.

And to be fair, there are quite a few American and Canadian accents that are even more impenetrable if you're not used to them!
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                We had an Australian exchange student living with us when I was a teenager and I had no trouble with her accent at all. Some of the accents in the movies though, they seem way thicker. Those ones can be a bit trickier for me.
                Yeah there's a couple of things going on there. For whatever reason the Australian accent is getting muted over time. If you listen to broadcasts from the 50s it's super nasal-ly and there's still a good deal of that in the 70s. The other thing is that we don't really make films about the middle class, city dwelling people who make up 99% of the population. Those are not Australian Stories. It's kind of like if the English only made films about Cockneys you'd have an odd view of the accent.
                "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

I submit though that the Scots have the hardest accent to understand:

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                    Yeah there's a couple of things going on there. For whatever reason the Australian accent is getting muted over time. If you listen to broadcasts from the 50s it's super nasal-ly and there's still a good deal of that in the 70s. The other thing is that we don't really make films about the middle class, city dwelling people who make up 99% of the population. Those are not Australian Stories. It's kind of like if the English only made films about Cockneys you'd have an odd view of the accent.
                    That makes sense. The same thing applies to NYC. The accents is/are fading and a lot of movies tend to exaggerate it a fair bit.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Umbrella are giving this a Blu-ray upgrade in August.

Name:	FUF0B6gXEAEmY3Q.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	394194
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                      X