No announcement yet.

The Coffin Joe Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha. That scene kind of ruined my dinner.
    Embodiment of Evil is the only Coffin Joe movie I've watched, but I dug it.

Comment

Don May Jr. just said this on Blu-ray.com:

"We'd love to do that, but the Brazilian vault only did standard def restorations (and I use the term "restoration" loosely because they didn't seem to put a whole lot of work into them). And, well, the material was pretty trashed. If those were done in HD, it would take an extreme amount of money to clean them in the HD realm and there, sadly, isn't a big enough audience to recoup that cost. At least we won't have to work off of the Betacam SP tapes that were used for the Anchor Bay UK box.

We do, however, have the Brazilian vaults restored SD masters and we are going to be working on them with Lowry/Reliance in the future. Oh wait, did you guys even know we were re-doing the first two Coffin Joe films on DVD? Well, you do now... "
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Coincidentally watched Midnight the other night. The more I watch Coffin Joe movies, the more I appreciate and enjoy them, that's for sure. Embodiment is certainly different in extremity and tone compared to Midnight or Corpse, but I think all three fit together quite nicely. :)

Comment

Someone just posted this on Facebook. I liked it. So now I'm posting it here.
          Attached Files
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That original poster was on eBay a long time ago and I bid a ton of money on it. Didn't win.

Best poster ever?
            Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

It's definitely a contender for the title. All of his one sheets are good though, even the Rue Morgue screening one is cool.
              Attached Files
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Damn, those are nice.
                Almost wish I still collected...
                Must resist...

Comment

If you're in his neck of the woods, maybe you can go to this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	543866_351232444988809_1621603614_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	342852
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

How did I miss this thread? I was pretty indifferent to the first film and liked the 2nd film in the Coffin Joe series a little more (particularly the hell sequence). But I LOVED Awakening of the Beast. Perfect acid-horror flick. I should re-watch the first two films and thought about them after easter concluded.

Embodiment of Evil was fantastic if a little too episodic.
                    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
                      That original poster was on eBay a long time ago and I bid a ton of money on it. Didn't win.

Best poster ever?
                      Totally a few months late, but I remember that. I told you to play KISS - I, when you won. I guess you didn't need to.

Comment

So apparently Marins made a new short film called Coffin Joe Born Again and it's debuting at Phil Anselmo's Housecore Horror Festival in Texas next week.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So a torrent popped up for this one, his feature directorial debut - a western from 1958 called A Sina do Aventureiro.

Looks like it got a Brazilian DVD release but it has no subs unfortunately so I haven't bothered with it. I'd gladly buy it, or any of the of the other Marins films that haven't seen Eng. friendly releases yet, if they actually existed. Sadly, they don't.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                            So apparently Marins made a new short film called Coffin Joe Born Again and it's debuting at Phil Anselmo's Housecore Horror Festival in Texas next week.
                            First time hearing about this. From what I've seen it looks like it's a short that has a bunch of unseen footage from the older films with some new wrap-around footage of Marins.
                            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Has anybody seen his bestiality film? I've searched with no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelGuts View Post
                                Has anybody seen his bestiality film? I've searched with no luck.
                                The IMDB reviews of both 24hrs of Sex & it's sequel mention that the bestiality is fake/implicit.

Comment

Working...
                                X