• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the? As single disks?

Comment

There were six in total:

At Midnight I'll Take Your Soul (1964)
      This Night I Will Possess Your Corpse (1967)
      Awakening of the Beast (1970)
      The Strange World of Coffin Joe (1968)
      The End of Man (1971)
      Hallucinations of a Deranged Mind (1978)

Comment

Ah. I have the 1st three as Fantomas and the last three as some other region. I think I got 'em from Diabolik or Xploited. Singlisimos.

Comment

Originally posted by Clive Smith View Post
          Picked up the Anchor Bay UK box which, although a mixed bag, has some stuff not readily available elsewhere.
          Strange Hostel of Naked Pleasures and Hellish Flesh? I haven't seen either one. The set is just over $21US right now and I'm tempted...
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

HELLISH FLESH is okay. It's more of a melodrama with a few gore scenes scattered throughout. Nowhere near as good or as sleazy as PERVERSION.
            Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

What if his name was Coffin Steve?

Comment

Estíªví£o do Caixí£o... hmmm.

I like it.

Comment

This guys name is Steve Coffin.

From this site:

Throughout his career, Steve Coffin has specialized in developing and implementing strategies to help businesses, governmental entities and non-profits more effectively communicate and position themselves and their initiatives. He did this as a Congressional aide in Washington DC, as an advocate for his clients when practicing law at two of Denver’s most prominent law firms, as an executive with one of Colorado’s leading energy corporations and now as Managing Principal at GBSM.

Steve is highly regarded as a leader on issues including water, transportation, energy, health care and infrastructure development. He has advised mayors, state cabinet officials, CEOs, directors and managers on how they and their organizations can become more effective communicators. Steve is known for his long history of success in developing coalitions and brokering agreements on complex issues.

Prior to joining GBSM in 2000, Steve held numerous leadership positions in Colorado, including an appointment by former Colorado Governor Roy Romer to the Colorado Air Quality Control Commission, serving as co-chair of Governor Romer’s Blue Ribbon Panel on Transportation and service on numerous non-profit boards, including the Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce, the Aurora Economic Development Corporation, the Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation, the Colorado Association of Commerce and Industry, the Colorado Oil and Gas Association, the Colorado Energy Assistance Foundation, the Rocky Mountain chapter of the Anti-Defamation League and as an alternate on the Colorado Forum.

Steve graduated with a B.A. from the University of Colorado and a J.D. with honors from the National Law Center at George Washington University.

Toyboy, you should hook up with him.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    Strange Hostel of Naked Pleasures and Hellish Flesh? I haven't seen either one. The set is just over $21US right now and I'm tempted...
                    Yep, them. Go on - it's dirt cheap.

Comment

This thread is old but Fango did confirm Synapase has both titles back in July. Old news, maybe, but still, it's Coffin Joe and therefore awesome. Be interesting to see if these are DVD only or if they go BD with them.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So, how absolutely awful is the Anchor Bay UK boxset? The only reasons I ask are a) I should really see these films and b) the set often drops below ten quid on Amazon UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike T View Post
                          So, how absolutely awful is the Anchor Bay UK boxset? The only reasons I ask are a) I should really see these films and b) the set often drops below ten quid on Amazon UK.
                          This.

I was wondering about this also, as I have the Fantoma set, and looked into getting the Brazilian set a few years back, but never did. Most of CJ's stuff seems to be fairly easy to find, and it seems you can get most of his other stuff through places like Videoscreams, etc.

I remember stumbling across CJ about a decade ago or so; a video store I used to rent from near the university I attended had a couple of his movies. That was seriously the best video store ever - they had a large Russ Meyer section as well! Ahhh...the memories!

Comment

Is it just me or is EMBODIMENT OF EVIL really fucking incredible?

I put off watching this film for as long as I could because I felt like there was no way whatsoever that it could come close to matching the bizarro greatness of the early Coffin Joe films but now I feel like a complete idiot. EMBODIMENT OF EVIL is on some insane Jodorowski style level mixed with PERDITA DURNAGO and the classic Marins movies. From the moment that Coffin Joe is met by Bruno, a fucking old school hunchback, as he's released from prison, and then immediately gets hit by a car I knew this movie was going to be rad. So many fucked up scenes. I loved every bit of it and I want to give Jose Mojica Marins a big old hug.

Comment

It was super rad. I figured it would have gotten more love when it came out than it did, but Marins hasn't lost his edge at all despite now being officially 1,000 years old. So much awesome weird ass religious imagery in the movie (I'm a sucker for stuff like that, especially Catholic iconography) and just so much cool visual style.

I still love this shot:

You just know once he gets out of jail he's gonna do evil shit - and then he does so it's not disappointing.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'm sure some reviewer has made this comment previously, but there's a scene in there that gives new meaning to the phrase "ASS-TO-MOUTH".

Comment

Working...
                                X